IT Support Engineer
Your new company
A key government organisation with a strong vision for a better and safer environment for us all. You’ll be part of a team that brings together some of the most brilliant minds from around the UK, working across many specialisms – scientific, engineering, safety, operations, commercial, community engagement, and regulatory – to name a few. “We recognise that our people are our greatest asset. We’re committed to providing an environment where you will feel valued and respected”. Following a recent acquisition, two brand new opportunities have arisen for IT Engineers.
Your new role
The Information & Technology (IT) Technical Support Engineer as part of the service operations team will deliver the IT strategy and deliver an enterprise level service to support the user base, ranging from 1st \ 2nd line support, through to management of the end user device hardware, images and approved application installations, this role is the touch point for the users to ensure the Service Operations team deliver an excellent user experience, by efficiently managing the incident management, resolution management, and supplier management, to meet current and future business requirements.
What you’ll need to succeed
- To provide 1st & 2nd Line Support to the user base, by managing and responding to incoming incidents and requests
- Provide a resilient support and coordination service to the business for incidents, request. Escalations, advice, and guidance.
- Take ownership for device builds and rebuilds ensuring the business receive a high level of service
- Manage escalations on behalf of the User base, ensure effect progress communications
- Provide consistent and timely communications to the user base so everyone is updated on incidents
- Lead on Microsoft 365 applications and the optimisation and in the business, by offering advice and guidance to the business.
- Provide a triage service for 3rd line support with 3rd party suppliers
- Management of the Hardware and Software assets so they are up to date, cross reference against the CMDB monthly
- Manage asset refresh cycles and disposal of old assets
- Manage the business active directory, Azure administration and end point manager.
- Assist with the IT Disaster Recovery arrangements aligned to the Business Continuity plan
- Liaise with 3rd Party support vendors on future requirements and support issues to defined service levels and standards in line with the business plans and strategies
- Meet the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) between IT and the business
- Ensure Cyber and Information security is always at the forefront of managing support, incidents, and user requests
- Assist with the management, direction, and coordination to all IS&T 3rd party support arrangements for the Business
- Manage and help in the development and continuous improvement to the 3rd party support solutions
- Manage UAT and technical testing where required, ensure all UAT and testing is signed of before acceptance into service.
- Assist in the management of all outsourced operational activities relating to IS&T business applications, Communications, and Infrastructure
- Produce written processes and guidance is put in place to provide support and assistance to the user base for requests, issues, and infrastructure
- Close liaison and interaction with all internal departments, up to Executive and Functional Leads
Essential Skills Required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience.
- Possession of appropriate professional qualification in a relevant discipline (CompTIA A+, Microsoft) ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Exceptional Business Stakeholder Management at all levels of the organisation, with effective communication (both verbal and written), and the ability to articulate and simplify
- Service principles for Business consumption.
- The ideal candidate will be a passionate self-starter with a strong understanding of Microsoft 365 applications
- High level of energy and drive for results – able to prioritise and work with rigour to a high quality.
- Wide knowledge of procedures and methods relevant to the field together with a full understanding of underlying principals
- Ability to hold a UK SC Clearance.
What you’ll get in return
Working for a renowned stable business driving growth and change.
Flexible working options available. Hybrid working. Remote option available during the working week.
Working hours 9-5
Very competitive benefits.
You’ll also enjoy all the benefits offered by both companies (a benefit from the merger) like training and development opportunities, competitive salary, generous bonus scheme, and an attractive pension scheme. We are committed to promoting a positive and supportive environment for our entire workforce.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.