Your new company
A large International freight forwarding company based in the South West.
Your new role
The role is to diagnose, repair and maintain both hardware and software systems and componentsensuring the Computer Systems run efficiently. You will be installing and configuring computer hardwareand will be the helpdesk contact for IT support within the business, training other employees how to resolvebasic computer technical issues where appropriate.
t • Working with team members to diagnose both complex and routine computer issues
t • Conducting scheduled backup operations
t • Setting up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices
t • Identifying computer or network equipment shortages and placing orders
t • Troubleshooting hardware and software issues in person, remotely and by phone
t • Acting quickly in crisis situations so the company can resume normal operations as soon as possible
t • Adapting quickly to changing circumstances, new standards, and requests by management
t • Managing the company’s firewalls
t • Installing software and hardware systems, including new equipment, anti-virus programs,
t CRM programs, and other tools used by the company’s on and offsite employees
t • Installing and configuring appropriate software
t • Providing orientation and guidance to new personnel on how to operate the company’s software and t hardware
t • Managing technical documentation and service contracts
What you’ll need to succeed
- Fully competent with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and manage high-pressure situations effectively
- Attention to detail
- A strong sense of discretion and confidentiality required to ensure security and privacy of networks
t and computer systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- A quick learner who will swiftly adapt to using our bespoke software package
- An enthusiasm for developing your knowledge of computer systems
- A good team player who will be willing to assist team members when required
- Good interpersonal skills including coaching experience
What you’ll get in return
- 5 weeks holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Gym membership at St Mellion
- Discretionary Christmas bonuses
- Annual pay review
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.