IT SOC Manager UK
Your new company
Hays Cyber are looking for an experienced InfoSec SOC member, who has people management experience and is looking to manage a 24/7 Security Operations Centre. You will be working for a large global Information Technology Services provider and will be reporting to the Group Head of Security Operations.
Your new role
- Lead, develop and coach a team of directly or professionally assigned analysts and implements performance management solutions as required.
- Define team objectives at an individual level
- Manages the overall skill mix of employees according to the needs of the function and ensures that sufficient skills are always available.
- Effectively guide employees to successfully move change forward.
- Contribute to the business strategy (within the department) and prioritise projects and goals accordingly.
- Ensure cyber security events, alerts and incidents are investigated efficiently and acted upon within operational agreements.
- Ensure all investigations requiring a security incident are raised in agreement with SLAs / OLAs
- Assess operational events (non-security incident) and escalate when appropriate
- Ownership and management of all SOC process and procedures
- Identify and deliver tuning improvements to the SOC technology
- Support Incident response as a virtual member of the Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT)
- Ownership and management of regular KPI’s for SOC delivery and Delivery of regular metrics and reporting on SOC delivery.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Previous people management experience and experience within an InfoSec SOC
- Knowledge of the Cyber Security Industry and a good understanding of IT technologies
- Analytical approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to review technical or procedural documents or process outputs to assure defined requirements have been fulfilled
- Ability to interpret technical information and be able to relay this in an understandable manner
- Ability to influence senior management (Internal & customer) on security operations good practice
- Ability to identify and drive security operations improvement
- Ability to create regular reports at detailing the delivery of services offered.
- Ability to attain relevant security clearance
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be paid up to £75,000 plus an additional 10% bonus. You’ll be working with, and leading a well trained and committed team who do enjoy socialising together. The business is putting significant investment into their GIA team which means you will be working with new and emerging technologies.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call me now on 0333 010 7583. If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.