Established in 2006 in Newcastle UK, Nigel Frank has rapidly grown into the global leader in Microsoft recruitment. With additional offices in London, Berlin, New York, San Francisco, Dallas, Melbourne and Singapore, we offer our Microsoft Partner and End User client’s unparalleled access to the widest range of high calibre candidates.
As part of our Information Security & Privacy team, you will play a vital role in supporting, and improving the businesses overall IT & Privacy security posture.
You will report directly to our Chief Information Security Officer and work closely with the wider IT departments.
Your day-to-day activities will consist of managing IT security & data privacy related service requests and incidents within SLAs, while conducting a number of data privacy tasks.
- Responsible for logging and capturing all IT Security & Data Privacy requests in our Service Management Platform.
- Respond to service requests & incidents within SLA, via email and telephone.
- Escalate any IT security or data privacy requests to the relevant IT department to ensure SLAs are achieved.
- Ensure our processes are followed, records maintained and recommend process improvements.
- Assist with audits, data protection impact assessments, user training, awareness campaigns and other IT & Data Privacy related tasks.
Desired skills & experience:
- A general understanding of IT Security including, SSO, MFA, Web Proxy, Anti-Virus, Patch Management, VPN etc.
- An understanding of IT Security Frameworks such as SANS
- Knowledge of GDPR, CCPA and other Data Privacy regulations
- Ability to demonstrate a logical approach to troubleshooting
- A strong attitude and drive for a career in IT & Data Privacy Security
- Enthusiastic, passionate and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to work independently with a willingness to learn new technologies & Data Privacy Regulations
- An A Level in ICT or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits), or
- A minimum of 12 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
Specific roles that are acceptable are:
- IT Support roles e.g. Help Desk, First line
- Software Development Roles
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.