Aviva are currently recruiting for an IT Platform Specialist to join their Information Technology team.
The role provides deep subject matter knowledge and insight on platform design, data dictionary and long-term platform strategy.
The successful person will develop deep knowledge and understanding of platforms within remit to support the change agenda and long-term strategy which Aviva has in plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Providing technical design insight and support to software engineers, technical designers, infrastructure teams and others to support change and run activities on the platform
- Providing technical leadership of teams of engineers and developers
- Perform value adding governance, design & quality assurance to ensure customer outcome is delivered to the highest standard, whilst ensuring delivery is achieved within agreed budget and timescales
- Influencing Change practices based on Aviva strategy and Industry best practice e.g., adoption of Software Engineering practices and tooling
- Building effective working relationships with teams across IT business partners and service managers and IT platform leads/managers.
- Collaborating with peers across the Platforms and Digital CIO to review and develop new process and best working practices
Skills & experience
- Previous experience of working alongside teams working within Agile Methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Experience working within Integration layers and API focussed teams
- Time management and self-organisation
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, Swagger, Stash, Drawlo, Visio and Microsoft Teams
- Detailed knowledge of the General Insurance industry
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £35,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for “Friends & Family”. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.