IT Manager vacancy at an education establishment in Stoke-on-Trent
£37,000 – £39,000 per annum including 28 days annual leave, onsite parking and other generous benefits
An enhanced DBS will be a requirement of this post
Hays Technology are working with an education establishment in Stoke-on-Trent to recruit an IT Manager on a permanent basis as they plan to launch their in-house IT team.
The post holder will work as part of the academy team and will lead a small IT team to ensure safe operation and maintenance of IT technologies within the academy this may also include reprographics and specialist AV equipment such as lighting and sound systems.
The IT Manager is responsible for the provision, configuration, maintenance and compliance of all IT equipment and providing technical support services to the staff, students and guests of the academy. This includes user devices, servers, passive and active infrastructure, telephony systems, broadband, filtering, etc. The IT Manager will provide as required user training for both hardware and software including the upskilling of technical staff.
In conjunction Regional IT Leadership, the successful candidate will also plan and implement the school’s IT strategy and service provision, including managing many aspects of IT technical support. Focus on availability of technology of systems, security and connectivity issues. You will also be required to manage IT related projects including, outcomes, budget, staffing, managing third parties, etc.
In order to apply, you must have the following skills and experience:
• Experience or appropriate qualification that show high levels of understanding of network and cloud infrastructure integration and overseeing an IT support function using ITIL or similar framework.
• Experience and understanding of anti-malware software, network security issues and systems back up configuration and management. Experience of disaster recovery planning desirable.
• Experience supporting all Windows operating systems, PC and server hardware and audio-visual technologies.
• Good knowledge of physical and logical network infrastructures and topologies.
• Experience of Windows and PowerShell scripting.
• Experience using Microsoft tools: Active Directory, Group policy, DHCP and DNS management.
• Experience using Microsoft tools: SCCM, cloud integration and administration of Azure AD and Microsoft 365.
• Experience of Google products and services, particularly integration with Microsoft 365.
• Experience of Cyber Security, protecting and recovering networks and devices from cyberattack.
• Experience of developing and managing Wi-Fi technologies.
• Experience of designing and managing Local Area Networks – routing and switching, structured cabling.
• Proven track record of identifying, analysing, and resolving problems both individually and working with others.
• Previous experience of working in an education setting – desirable.
• Previous experience of managing a team – desirable.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.