Our Marketing IT Platform Team is currently seeking an IT Lead Engineer to be a part of their innovative team.
It’s a very exciting time to join us on our journey to enhance and make significant changes to our current platform.
This could be an ideal opportunity for you, if you are seeking a challenging and rewarding position, as the IT Lead Engineer, you contribute to the continual improvement in both speed to market and quality, playing your role in product delivery to our customers and the transformation of the engineering and delivery process. Along with producing and contributing to the Global technical design solutions which meet business needs and work effectively within an Agile environment, using modern software engineering techniques.
We need your knowledge and experience to mentor the team of engineers, ensuring that the features are developed by our team are produced to the highest possible quality in the fastest possible time, promoting scalability, automation and self- service. You will undertake design and conduct code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non-functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future
Responsibilities in the role:
- Once settled in the role, you will lead a team of engineers working with the Platform Managers, Lead Software Engineer, Lead Architect, and Business areas to build ‘World class Global solutions’ which are sustainable
- Work closely with other software professionals, the Lead Architect and Product Owner to understand and satisfy business requirements and the associated data roadmap
- Lead best practice and strong technical quality assurance
- Demonstrate to engineers improved ways of working
- Encourage, empower individuals to be innovative, test and learn
- To act as example to all the developers on our team by being the person who most closely follows the principles and practice’s we have committed to
- Be the go, to person for the triage of technical issues across the platform and beyond
- Input to demand and supply planning, skills gaps, values to help the wider business plan for the deployment of the platform
- Be at the forefront of improving our technical capabilities/speed to market
- Liaise effectively with other areas of IT delivery – CISO; Infrastructure oriented departments; support teams
- Review existing artefacts, approvals processes, and ensure consistency and quality
- Understand and be, able to talk coherently about the any practices we are implementing and their benefits with technical teams and the business
- People management, coaching and encouragement for junior developers within the teams
- Ensure that the definition of technical components enables a quality delivery from the team and supports a sustainable service
- Ensure we code, test and deploy enabling us to maintain a quality sustainable service/platform
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Have strong, software design and development skills, practices
- Ability to elicit technical detail, convert and articulate root causes to technical and business teams
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Python, API and .Net
- Experience with building systems that are supportable and extensible
- Have a proven track record of TDD and exposure to BDD
- Have experience with continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Comfortable working with and managing senior stakeholders influencing, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment
- Experience of delivering change through different change methodologies – waterfall, scrum, Kanban etc, with the ability to determine fit for purpose and pragmatic approaches
- Can demonstrate the ability to support teams to deliver change, working collaboratively through problems and blockers
- Self-motivated; dedicated and proactive. Highly organised and able to manage multiple streams of work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrating resourcefulness to follow up with team members and leadership on outstanding items
- Dataiku – Data preparation, processing, usage of its API Node and release process
- Web Frameworks – ASP.NET Core using C#
- Web Services – ReSTful/SOAP/GraphQL
- Database expereince – SQL Server/ NoSQL
- Cloud – Amazon Web Services
- Source Control – Git/Azure DevOps
- Multi-threading and parallelism
What will you get for this role?
- Salary circa £50,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.