We are currently recruiting for an engaging IT Executive Support Team Leader with excellent interpersonal skills to join our pioneering IT Executive Team in London.
This is an excellent opportunity for a technical minded individual with the interest to contribute their innovative and forward-thinking approach at Aviva. You will be given the opportunity to get involved with change management, software assets management, service performance/fundamentals, service operations/service stability and protection.
The IT Executive Team provides Aviva’s employees with the technical support they require to successfully complete their responsibilities. As the IT Executive Support Team Leader, you will be responsible for managing processes, deliver services to protect Aviva’s employees, control and remediate issues across the production environment. You will also utilise your incredible problem-solving capabilities, by dealing with challenges relating to policy process and other guidelines whilst applying your impressive knowledge and expertise.
- Operate and contribute to the development of the process or service provided
- Support teams across IT to implement protection and control processes
- Coordinate and manage process compliance across teams in Infrastructure and Operations
- Take ownership for resolution of incidents and remediation of identified issues
- Drive resolution of service and management of risks during major incidents
- Support development of systems management process for all systems, infrastructure and customer journeys
- Develop disaster recovery programme, schedule and coordinate whilst providing expert advice on disaster recovery best practice to the team
- Lead and deliver disaster recovery testing across internal and external teams
- Own continuous improvement actions following changes which create unplanned service disruption
- Coordinate and run teams to provide service request management, deskside and service bar support, executive and event support, service desk and issue resolution
- Implement proactive monitoring capability; drive management of alert instructions with allocated business unit
- Operate and contribute to development of the service controls framework and the development of the service design, service introduction and service readiness controls and processes that underpin service fundamentals
- Provide expert advice to ensure IT projects are built to the service fundamentals principles and new services are reflected in SLAs and supplier agreements
- Drive and govern service continuity and the development of recovery planning aligning with major incident management
- Provide expert advice on service change; engage suppliers in walking through complex changes
Skills and Experience:
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills at all levels of the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of working with and supporting at executive community in a FTSE 100 company
- Exceptional organisational and team leadership experience in a high-pressure support environment
- Relevant financial services industry experience is desirable, however we are open to other industries
- Strong analytical skills, applicable to complex situations
- Business orientation, ability to translate IT issues into potential business consequence
- Understand of service lifecycles
- Experience working in partnership with senior stakeholders – drive action and influence senior stakeholders as needs be
- IT Service Management experience in a complex multi-supplier environment
- Evidence of working on multiple high profile and high priority workstreams in parallel
- Using analytical skills applied to detailed and complex systems to drive action plans and benefit
What will you get for this role?
- Salary from £60,000 – £85,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.