IT Development Manager
Aviva UK is on the lookout for an IT Development Manager to join their Life Data Platforms team to manage the development of ETL / Data warehousing / Big Data solutions in support of the efficient dissemination of data across the organisation.
This role holder will be responsible for managing the development of data and analytics solutions in a project-based environment to support the growing need for controlled, accurate and timely data that supports corporate decision making as well as regulatory compliance.
Key responsibilities within the role include:
- Responsible for delivering enterprise data and analytics solution through effective development ETL / Data warehousing / Big Data solutions and BI solutions across the software development life cycle
- Responsible and accountable for driving forward developments including, tracking, work stream status updates, sizing/estimating work, dependency management between work strands, escalation management and status reporting into project management
- Effective management of a distributed development teams across project portfolio
- Enhance development lifecycle and associated processes and documentation. Put appropriate controls in place to ensure adherence to the development lifecycle and standards.
- Responsible for solution hand over into BAU/Run, ensuring full solution automation and controls are developed to internal and audit team standards
We are looking for someone with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in managing IT data deliveries through the Software Development Life Cycle
- A proactive can-do attitude that can drive multiple projects in parallel with agility, innovation and focus on cost and timeliness
- Conceptual understanding and general market awareness in data tooling and trends in new world cloud big data technologies and more traditional RDMS and BI with track record of delivery across permutations of such technologies
- Strong customer consultancy and presentation skills, able to document and present information to high level of detail whilst retaining ability to convey ideas and solutions in an easy-to-understand way to the business
- Financial Services or Insurance sectors experience desirable but not essential
What will you get for this role?
- Salary between – £55,000 – £63,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family. (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take responsibility, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.