A great opportunity has opened up to join the IT Data Platforms Team (Life & Group Data) in the capacity as an IT Delivery Manager.
Our team is responsible for delivering data solutions (Cloud based, data lake, data warehouse, analytics and business intelligence) across the full software development life cycle (Design, Build, Test & Support) on the very latest market leading technologies.
As demand for data continues to grow across Aviva we have a requirement to grow and revolutionise the way we deliver and govern associated projects, this is a brand new role to drive this ambition forward.
We are looking for a highly motivated self-starter that is incredibly organised, from a proven project delivery background who is able to modernise the way that we deliver platform projects and to take on responsibility for a team of delivery managers that drive project delivery.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading a team of Delivery Managers accountable for the successful delivery of a portfolio of up to 40 data projects ranging from small to large
- Setting up of a delivery management CofE, responsible for standardising the way we deliver and report on projects with focus on governance, quality and cost control
- Front facing coordination of engagement with new or prospective projects, coordinating impact assessments across technical teams
- Driving out continual innovation around the way that projects operate by modernising our project delivery life cycle and building a KPI framework to effectively manage risk
- Building out value add relationships across Aviva with change communities to support efficient new programme engagement and delivery
- Running and delivering project steering calls representing project status updates and eliciting key messages to support senior decision making
- Representing the platform at programme level senior steering calls with high influence
- Active participant and member of the platforms management team, contributing towards building capabilities for the future
- Able to deliver and maintain a highly accessible change framework where project updates are available and up to date for management team decision making
Skills & experience required:
- The right candidate must come from a project delivery manager background, and had hands on experience delivering and project managing high complexity IT change
- Able to manage stakeholders’ expectations and be flexible, capable of proactive and reactive communication. Able to facilitate difficult discussions within the team or with diverse senior stakeholders
- High level conceptual understanding technology aware project manager
- Excellent communicator, strong interpersonal skills, experience of building positive relationships with a range of stakeholders and working across multiple teams
- Proven ability to work in a complex, fast changing, time limited environment
- Experience working with external suppliers, particularly GSPs (on/offshore delivery teams)
- Knowledge of capability management platforms/processes (e.g. Galaxy, Workday, GSP Work Order processes)
- Forward thinker, who is continually and proactive pushing to raise the bar on how the team operated and delivers
- Financial services background (highly desirable)
What will you get for this role?
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.