IT Controls Testing Lead
IT Controls Testing Lead
Salary: National starting salary £55,000 – £70,000, London starting salary between £75,000 – £90,000
An IT Controls Testing Lead is required to lead on engagement with Operational, Risk and CISO colleagues to ensure 1st Line Controls Assurance Review activity is appropriately undertaken. This activity will independently assess and test both the design adequacy and operational effectiveness of our Business Protection (BP) and IT Standard controls, improving our risk and control environment.
The IT Controls Testing Lead will be required to devise, agree and oversee the delivery of testing and assurance procedures as part of that process on a day-to-day basis. In addition, they will be required to report on the progress, and outcomes of testing and assurance activity to stakeholders at all levels using appropriate communication methods.
They will also have the opportunity to aid the development and continuous improvement of controls assurance and testing methodologies, for use across Aviva.
A bit about the job:
Within this role you will be engaging and working with colleagues in IT Operations, Risk and CISO to define and agree appropriate controls testing procedures to demonstrate design adequacy and operational effectiveness of mandatory controls in our organisation. You will be reporting on the progress and outcomes of controls testing activity and on issues arising from this testing to stakeholders at all levels using appropriate communication methods, including the communication of difficult messages where required.
Skills and knowledge needed:
- Strong analytical and teamwork skills as well as superb communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong stakeholder management skills across all levels and experience of working in a control’s assurance role or similar
- The ability to actively and effectively lead part of a distributed team to deliver results
- A strong working knowledge of IT systems, security and/or day to day IT operation, risk management frameworks, BP and IT controls
- A dedication to personal development and a desire to learn
What you’ll get for this role:
- National starting salary between £55,000 – £70,000, London starting salary between £75,000 – £90,000 (depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications)
- Aviva will contribute up to 14% to your personal pension (dependent on your contribution)
- Eligibility for annual performance bonus
- Family friendly parental and carer’s leave
- 29 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for Aviva products
- Brilliant flexible benefits including electric cars
- Aviva Matching Share Plan and Save As You Earn scheme
- 21 volunteering hours per year
Aviva is for everyone:
We are inclusive and welcome everyone – we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? Research tells us that women, particularly, feel this way. So, regardless of gender, why not apply. And if you’re in a job share just apply as a pair.
We flex locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
Most of our people are smart working -spending around 50% of their time in our offices every week – combining the benefits of flexibility with time together with colleagues.
To find out more about working at Aviva take a look here
We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us an email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Guv Johal a call on 0750 008 7919 or send an email to Guv.Johal@aviva.com .
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.