About PwC We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them. About Risk Risk isn’t going to disappear and the complex, ever changing environment makes it much harder to predict where new challenges will come from. But it represents an opportunity for businesses to transform and innovate, and discover hidden value. From the boardroom to back office, we work to protect and strengthen every aspect of business; from people to performance, systems to strategy. Through our invaluable insights and independent assurance we help discover and unlock real value. There is a huge amount of business change caused by disruption, including technology, regulation, or a factor in the broader environment such as Brexit and that gives rise to risk and uncertainty. Helping our clients identify and address those risks to give them and their stakeholders confidence in their business is the purpose of our Risk Line of Service. About Technology, Data & Analytics The Technology, Data & Analytics team within our Risk practice represents a strategic priority for PwC due to the increasing demand from organisations to manage technology risk and optimise risk and control management. Technology, Data & Analytics is a 500 strong, national business that offers a range of high value services for organisations going through business and technology change. We have the privilege of acting as trusted advisors to a diverse and expanding client base, spanning multiple geographies and industries. This means that we have a real opportunity to enhance and refine our clients’ businesses. Of course, this will only be possible if we have the right people, with the right skills and that’s where you come in.The role
Our Technology, Data and Analytics IT Controls practice is currently expanding and we’re seeking talented, high performing professionals with strong IT controls advisory and implementation skills to join our team as an IT Controls Senior Manager.
We are looking for individuals to take a leading role on SOX and IT controls engagements, particularly in relation to the upcoming changes for organisations through UK Corporate Governance reform. We are looking for individuals with a strong background in IT risk, controls, and governance, who can take a leading role in building the practice, winning work, owning client relationships and leading teams to deliver complex engagements to senior stakeholders.
If you’re successful you’ll undertake client work which could include
- Leading teams to deliver a portfolio of client facing and internal projects, including monitoring engagement progress and budget
- Acting as an IT controls / SOx subject matter expert on engagements and developing thought leadership
- Working with clients to rationalise and / or optimise their approach to documenting and testing IT controls, with an aim to reduce their cost of compliance
- Working with new clients who are aiming to comply with future UK internal controls regulatory changes, by establishing ITGC control frameworks and implementing controls and establishing a establish a culture of compliance throughout their organisation
- Developing and managing relationships with senior client stakeholders across a portfolio
- Identifying and developing new client opportunities
- Managing the delivery of proposals and bids
You will also have people responsibilities including
- Developing junior team members through effective coaching and supervision
- Creating a positive and inclusive team environment
- Technical knowledge and practical experience of IT controls design, implementation and testing
- Experience in designing and testing IT general controls and as well testing automated controls, key reports, spreadsheets, and segregation of duties controls in business processes
- Technical understanding of IT architecture – operating systems, networks, databases, application functionality
- Extensive experience with SOX (section 302, section 404) and the COBIT Framework
- Understanding of financial reporting concepts and can link key IT risks to the risk of material misstatement to the financial statements (e.g. income statement, balance sheet)
- Possession of strong team working and leadership skills
- A willingness to learn new skills and help develop and innovate new client propositions
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Strong report writing skills
- Relevant certifications such as CISA, CISM, CRISC, CISSP
- Experience assessing third party supplier controls within SOC 1 Type II controls reports
- Demonstrable experience of working on multiple projects, managing your time effectively to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines;
- Commercial acumen and an interest in how complex organisations operate; and
- Ingenuity and problem solving skills, a natural curiosity to learn more about how IT and the business interacts in order to reduce risk
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we’re open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate. Click here to find out more about everyday inclusion at PwC and how we support our people.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘ The PwC Professional ‘, and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.