The IT Audit team is an integral part of our rapidly growing Audit practice. Whilst the team sits within our Audit practice, we work closely with a multi-disciplinary Consulting practice to deliver a comprehensive range of services that our clients demand. Our IT Audit specialists deliver four key proposition to our clients:
• The use of technology in the External Audit.
• Assurance of technology through Internal Audit.
• Attestation over the use of technology at third parties.
• Advice on the management of technology risk.
Our core client base is predominantly within large corporates, but we are increasingly finding that our specialist skills are needed by firms in other industries like Health and Public Sector. Through one of our key propositions External Audit, we evaluate the design and operational effectiveness of technology controls and assess how they may present a risk of financial misstatement. We work closely with specialist financial auditors, working as one team to deliver this type of work.
Our clients need to deal effectively with their operational risks, to achieve maximum value from their technology, data and processes and our IT Audit specialists provide independent, jargon-free advice to help them achieve this potential. We also work closely with Consulting teams, for example cyber security specialists, digital experts and technology strategists to ensure our clients receive the best possible advice.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
A successful candidate will be responsible for:
• Conducting fieldwork and managing and supervising small teams in delivery of External Audit engagements.
• Assisting with scoping, internal financial management, managing delivery risk, production and initial review of deliverables.
• Delivering value added assurance services to clients.
• Building and managing client relationships across a number of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining relationships with colleagues across other teams within KPMG.
• Coaching and developing more junior team members on engagements.
• Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
We expect that you will have:
• Proven experience in a technology risk and control / audit environment within professional services or an internal audit / risk function.
• Excellent communication skills and report writing skills.
• Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients.
• Capacity to deliver work within tight timescales to a high quality.
• Undergraduate Degree, ideally, in technology, business, or related field.
It would also be useful (but not a deal-breaker) if you have:
• Experience of business analysis and core business processes, for example, transaction processing, system development ledger systems.
• Experience within the financial services and/or corporates sector(s) and knowledge of systems and processes used within them.
• Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly at all levels.
• A good understanding of technology platforms.
• Recognised accounting / auditing (e.g. ACA, CIMA, CISA) qualification, or working towards this qualification.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.