Hays Technology are looking for an IT Assistant to join our client, a driven law firm. You will report directly to the IT Operations & Security Manager, working as part the IT Desk Team based in our London office in delivering IT, phone and videoconferencing support services throughout the organisation.
What you will be doing:
- Providing support for IT and telephony related problems for all users.
- Assisting with the general administration of the network.
- Assisting with the configuration, setup and upgrade of new and old computers (software & hardware)
- A flexible, â€can doâ€ approach is essential; the candidate will occasionally be expected to work outside of normal office hours.
- Promoting and maintaining excellent internal customer relations by dealing effectively, efficiently with matters that fall within your responsibility.
- Exhibiting excellent communication and listening skills and demonstrate empathy in dealings with staff.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality at all times and exercise discretion and good judgment when dealing with confidential matters.
What we are looking for:
- University degree and/or IT Related qualifications (Microsoft, VMware or Networking)
- Minimum of 6 months experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Windows 2016/19 Active Directory administration and Group Policy.
- Good knowledge of network infrastructure including TCP/IP, routing, switches, vLANs firewalls, DHCP, DNS, SMTP.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft products: Windows 10, Office 365, Microsoft Teams
- Passionate about new technology
- Good troubleshooting/ analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organisational skills including planning, prioritising, timekeeping and meeting deadlines.
The following skills would also be beneficial:
- IT related degree
- Experience with Microsoft 365 administration
- Knowledge of Netdocuments DMS
- Knowledge of virtualisation platforms (VMware Horizon or Azure VDI)
- Knowledge of Information Security (ISMS, ISO 27001)
What you need to do now:
- If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
- If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.