IT 3rd Line Support
3rd Line Service Desk Engineer
Exciting opportunity for an experienced 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer to join a strong Service Delivery team
This opportunity has come about as a result of the organisation’s continued success.
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for providing both onsite and remote technical support. You will be responsible for managing onsite technical matters with client IT systems, ensuring SLAs are met. When not providing onsite support, you will carry out the duties of a 3rd Line Service Desk Engineer, acting as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers. The role will involve fault diagnosis and resolution, providing onsite, remote and telephone support for client infrastructure and end-users.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Support Engineer from a Managed Service Provider background. You will be a motivated, natural problem solver with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. A passion for IT and providing outstanding customer service is essential.
You will be extremely comfortable in your technical knowledge and abilities, plus relish the responsibility of being the last line of escalation for other engineers.
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to an extensive client base.
- To install and maintain IT and communications systems in line with specifications, to ensure client requirements and deadlines are met, and that systems are fully secure.
- Assist in providing diagnosis and resolution of issue tickets, maintaining a high level of 1st time fixes.
- To act as an escalation point for 1st and 2nd Line Service Desk Engineers by offering support and technical assistance, to aid in the resolution of client queries.
- Respond appropriately to technical issues raised, through resolution or escalation.
- Prioritisation and management of workload to ensure contractual SLAs are met, whilst leading and guiding junior engineers to do the same.
- Self-manage projects from scoping, design and implementation through to sign off
- Log all service tickets received via telephone, email and service portal and handle accordingly throughout the stages of the ticket.
- To maintain the appropriate client site documentation for each designated client.
- Provide efficient customer service to a vast client base.
- Work in accordance with company values, policies, procedures and standards.
- Previous experience providing technical support for a Managed Service Provider
- Excellent problem solving and customer service skills.
- Good understanding of a service management environment (ITIL)
- A team player prepared to work at all levels
- A well-presented customer focused individual with strong communication skills
- Experience with key technologies, such as:
- Windows Server 2003 – 2019 inc Core (MCSE Preferred)
- Comfortable with PowerShell
- Exchange Administration and Migration (2003-2016 / Exchange Online)
- SQL Server build plus job creation / permissions / monitoring / troubleshooting
- Windows Desktop XP – Windows 10 (inc Client deployment)
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure/ VDI
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, RRAS and Microsoft Exchange
- Third Party / Domain SSL Certificate Management
- Virtualisation (Hyper-V / VMWare)
- SAN / NAS Storage
- OSx Operating systems
- Microsoft 365 and Azure/AWS Administration
- Strong administrative abilities within Microsoft 365 portals and domains
- Ideally more than comfortable with SharePoint
- Remote Working (RRAS, VPN, RDS)
- Networking technologies including LAN/WAN (CCNA/CCNP Level Preferred)
- Including ASA5500X firewalls, Sophos XG’s and Watchguard Firewalls
- Backup technologies (Veeam primarily)
- Webroot, WatchGuard and Sophos Security products inc Firewalls and Cyber Protection
- 3CX VoIP systems (install, configure and maintain)
- Visual Files (Legal) knowledge would be a distinct advantage
- Passion for continued learning and development of oneself
- A full driving license is essential.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.