BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
International Cyber Consultant
Our international clients include government and defence organisations focussed on their national cyber mission. This involves building up national cyber capabilities which could cover any area of cybersecurity, from detecting and handling incidents, establishing national policy and audit schemes, through to skills and training development. Customer needs vary between countries and reflect the geopolitical and threat landscape, digital footprint and strategic objectives.
The successful candidate would support our international clients in building any aspect of their capability in a strategic and managed way in order to create demonstrable improvements in their cyber maturity. This presents a wide range of opportunities to get involved, from advising on cyber strategy, design of security operational capabilities, training and mentoring and incident response work.
We are looking for candidates with a strong understanding of the international cyber capacity building which can be applied to supporting customer needs.
This role will involve international travel, so candidates need to be willing and able to travel for extended periods.
- Developing the vision, strategy and objectives for national cyber security programmes
- Advising international clients (national cyber security agencies, CERTs, intelligence agencies, military organisations, and critical national infrastructure providers) on how to improve their policies, processes and technologies for defending themselves against cyber attacks
- Training and mentoring international customers on topics including incident response, threat intelligence and security operations
- Implementing stakeholder management and communications plans for national cyber programmes – including government, industry and citizens
- Coordinating with a range of stakeholders including the UK Government, international governments and multi-national organisations to deliver project and programme outcomes
- Developing approaches for monitoring, evaluating and learning (MEL) to assess the effectiveness of cyber security capacity building projects
- Report on the threat landscape and provide relevant trend analysis and technical insights to customers and other stakeholders.
- Work in a collaborative environment with other intelligence analysts, technical specialists, and customer facing consultants.
- Build awareness of our national cyber business and portfolio and contribute to its development.
- Experienced cybersecurity consultant with experience and knowledge in a range of cybersecurity domains.
- Self-starter with ability to engage stakeholders and come up with plans and strategies for building cybersecurity capabilities.
- Ability to write concisely and proficiently, and express technical and non-technical concepts verbally, graphically/visually, and in writing.
- Ability to communicate complicated technical challenges in business language to a range of stakeholders.
Desirable Skills – While these would be advantageous
- Understanding of international cyber frameworks and maturity models.
- Previous experience working within, or for, UK Government
- Interest in international relations, foreign, defence and security policy
- Aptitude in a foreign language
- Experience living and working in a range of different cultures / countries
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.