Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company is on the lookout for an experienced Internal Communications & Employee Engagement Lead to join the business!
Are you a strategic thinker who can see beyond the now?
Be part of a team that is supporting to drive the strategy and direction of one of the biggest players in the aerospace industry. You will own and deliver the internal communications and employee engagement strategy for the Actuation Systems UK businesses which covers 3 sites ; Banbury, Wolverhampton and Bristol. Activities range from managing and developing our newly launched employee communication app, to driving our employee engagement surveys and subsequent action plans, and everything else in between! Join a team that has its pulse on the future of aerospace and watch your career take flight.
This is an exciting and varied role and it is impossible to list everything you might make of it, but here are some of the key elements:
- Develop and execute an integrated internal communications and employee engagement strategy that is aligned to the Actuation Systems culture across multiple teams in different locations
- Define a strategy to increase employee participation with our employee engagement survey
- Partner with the Site Operations Director to co-ordinate and lead the Culture and Engagement Council, tracking progress on employee engagement initiatives through agreed metrics and macro plans
- Actively support our D,E&I agenda through pro-active collaboration with our employee resource groups, helping to organize and promote activity to further their cause
- Organise and promote employee engagement and recognition initiatives across all Actuation Systems UK sites
- Analyse and communicate the results of our employee engagement surveys, and partner with the HR team and leaders to drive actions to improve employee happiness off the back of the feedback received
- Create our internal communications plans and schedule content across our key internal channels including our recently launched communications app, organisational announcements, digital newsletter and monthly all hands meetings
- Create an internal communications eco-system, including tools and platforms, cadence and distribution, that ensures a consistent experience is delivered to employees regardless of leader or location – In other words, ensuring that all employees get the information they need, when they need it and how they prefer to receive it
- Work in partnership with the Actuation Systems Communications Lead to ensure effective flow down of all pan Actuation level communications and initiatives
- Partner with senior leaders to craft messaging and narratives that contextualise day-to-day operations and goals with our broader corporate strategy, ensuring this is engaging and inspires and motivates all employees
- Lead the advancement and development of our employee communication app, which we see as integral to the future of our internal communications
- Collaborating with the rest of the HR team to communicate & promote key messages on the HR roadmap
- Act as the internal communications and employee engagement lead for a wide range of projects
- Develop and advance the Actuation Systems UK employee brand in line with our values and best practice guidelines, to provide a consistent approach to local communications delivery
- Act as the subject matter expert with respect to good practice and developments in internal communications and engagement, leveraging external networks where appropriate
- Partner with HR, Legal and PR teams to teams to craft critical communications and positively steer employees through change
- Develop great relationships with key contacts across all functions to ensure seamless flow of information and knowledge sharing across the company
Experience and skills
In a nutshell you will need positive relationship building skills, and be comfortable in speaking with people at all levels of the organisation. You will be able to pull together a high level strategy, think creatively, as well as have an exceptional grasp of the English language and be able to craft messaging for a variety of audiences, turning complex messages into clear, consistent communications. You’ll be able to work on your own initiative, responding quickly, flexibly and creatively whilst being calm under pressure.
Other attributes include:
- A wealth of experience working in a similar internal communications or employee engagement role, either in a complex or fast-paced organization where you’re prepared to roll your sleeves up to get things done
- Full understanding of best practice for managing employee engagement, and be experienced in developing a strategy for engagement and employee value propositions
- Demonstrable evidence of positively influencing employee engagement
- Passionate about diversity & inclusion – we’re currently working on a number of D,E&I initiatives
- Ability to write a compelling narrative and craft messages for an internal audience – both written and multi-media (including video and other relevant presentation formats)
- Experience of using a wide variety of communication and engagement tools
- Understanding and appraising the benefits of digital communications and technology, with a commitment to a ‘Digital First’ approach
- Experience working with PR, HR and brand teams and building sound affinity with an employer brand
- Ability to work at pace and to oversee outstanding execution of multiple projects
- Experience of managing and delivering complex change communications
- A strong ability to positively challenge and influence at all levels of the business
- A great role model for our values and beliefs, and a champion for putting our people’s experience first
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build strong business relationship with a diverse customer group
- Developed and maintained relationships in key leadership and HR teams
- A high performer who thrives on challenges within a complex matrix based organisation with global span
- Resilient and have strong resolve to drive change and seek opportunity for improvements
- Ability to think creatively and wisely and apply your influential personality
- Strong interpersonal capabilities including communication and influencing skills to articulately motivate and engage all stakeholders
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.