Internal Audit (IA) sits within Risk – one of the five lines of service within PwC and now is a really exciting time to join PwC’s Internal Audit team. It’s clear over the past 12 months that organisations have been rethinking risk and exploring new opportunities. Internal Audit has a critical role to play in response, in keeping the business safe and helping it to perform at its best. Our NextGen Internal Audit approach brings a new perspective to Internal Audit, blending technology and critical thinking, building on our traditional services and taking Internal Audit to a new level. A career within Internal Audit services, will provide you with an opportunity to gain an understanding of an organisation’s objectives, regulatory and risk management environment, and the diverse needs of their critical stakeholders. We focus on helping organisations look deeper and see further considering areas like culture and behaviours to help improve and embed controls. In short, we seek to address the right risks and ultimately add value to their organisation. We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.We perform IA support across the 4 area’s detailed below:
- IA Co-source; Working alongside an organisation’s in-house function to deliver internal audit’s remit tailored to the organisation’s needs. Working with top tier FTSE150/large organisations and multinationals
- IA outsource; Establish IA function and provide IA services aligned to the organisation’s strategy and key risks it’s facing. Often within mid-tier/smaller organisations/and emerging markets e.g. private business/challenger banks/pension schemes, as well as public sector organisations.
- IA Tech Audit; Any Technology Risk, Data Analytics and/or Cyber Security work delivered against an Internal Audit contract, as part of an Internal Audit plan or directly for the Head of Audit or Head of IT Audit. Increasing trend for IT co-source contracts (FTSE and large organisation)
- IA Advisory; Providing advice and support to help organisations design, establish and enhance their Internal Audit function.
You will work across a diverse range of well-known clients within our Commercial and Government practice and have the opportunity to work on really exciting projects right from the start. We work with some of the top companies in the world, in Entertainment & Media, Pharmaceuticals & Life Sciences, Telecoms & Technology, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Retail & Consumer and Industrial Products as well as world class Government & Public Sector organisations. You’ll also have the opportunity to work on global projects, collaborating with PwC colleagues and clients all over the world.
You will work across our Internal Audit Proposition and have the opportunity to work closely with clients, understanding
their business, their objectives, strategy and regulatory and risk management environment.
You will typically work with a variety of clients, across multiple industry sectors, or specialise in an industry, performing
risk focused auditing, assurance or advisory engagements. In particular you will be expected to operate with a varied
portfolio and be agile across the following areas:
- Advise on developing Internal Audit strategy and assistance in setting up functions.
- Helping clients deliver their annual audit plan either by enabling them to fully outsource their function or by using us as a co-source partner, on a range of governance, risk, regulatory, operational and financial activities, within set deadlines.
- Performing effectiveness reviews of Internal Audit functions, including gap analysis
- Transforming existing functions to ensure that they are truly relevant, cost effective and risk focused.
- Delivering training to Internal Audit teams on a variety of relevant topics, including emerging Internal Audit methodology, regulatory themes and industry issues.
- Building effective strategic relationships with clients and non executives.
- Support the team in proposals to win additional client work and grow the business.
- Leading and coaching junior staff.
- Assisting with wider day-to-day engagement delivery including planning, budget management and periodic reporting to clients.
- Participating in team and firm activities to contribute to the broader C&G strategy, and strengthen the Internal Audit proposition.
- Proactively develop technical knowledge through self-study, training, qualifications and industry reading.
- A passion for delivering value and insight to clients through Internal Audit services.
- Experience of risk and control identification and performing controls testing.
- Strong analytical and engagement management skills.
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time, building good working relationships
- with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Strong focus on quality and the ability to produce high quality well written reports.
- Experience in providing coaching and feedback for junior staff and identifying development opportunities to build upon the strengths of team members.
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting issues and recommendations for improvement to clients
- Ability to adapt and re-prioritise quickly in dynamic circumstances and deliver under tight deadlines.
- Exposure to current thinking in Internal Audit, Corporate Governance and Risk Management;
- Experience in managing and auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes;
- Experience of business development activities;
- Desire for continuous improvement and self development;
- Accountancy qualification such as ACA
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.