London – Baker Street
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Our Advisory team provide a wide variety of services that deliver value-led advice and outcomes. They have an in-depth knowledge of business, industry sectors and markets and understand the constantly changing risks and opportunities at the heart of our clients’ affairs. The team work across strategy, operations and improvement as well as at a transactional and defined project level. From technology to risk advisory, they’re experts in following through on top-level instructions and resolving the finer details – all in one straight-forward package. When you join them, you’ll work on some of the world’s most exciting financial operations and business deals, building your experience and expertise alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
We’ll help you succeed
You’ll be a Senior Executive within our controls assurance team which sits within our Digital, Risk & Advisory Services (DRAS) business and is responsible for the delivery of a variety of controls focused projects, whether it be Sarbanes Oxley advisory, implementation and ongoing testing, third party assurance including ISAE and SOC reporting or wider controls and process optimisation programmes across a variety of sectors and businesses.
Our Digital, Risk and Advisory Services team is growing. Underpinned by our strategy, we are seeking to appoint talented individuals who have demonstrable skills and experience to undertake both assurance and advisory work across a range of areas including:
- Internal control
- Risk and governance
- Third party controls assurance
- Contract and commercial risk
- Environmental, social and governance
- Assist in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the engagement for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement
- Identify challenges and provide solutions for manager and/or partner, whilst exercising judgement within agreed parameters
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the assignment
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, managing inconsistences with the manager
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams to help them achieve their potential and be themselves
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far. We’re looking for someone with:
- Professional qualification ACA/ICAS or equivalent
- Operational knowledge of controls from a design and operating effectiveness perspective
- An understanding of assurance reporting standards including ISAE 3402, ISAE 3000 and SSAE 18, SOC 2
- Ability to work to deadlines, often managing multiple commitments
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic, market trends and IT general controls
- Experience of documenting end to end processes and controls
- Experience with data analytics techniques and software, however additional training will be provided
- Experience in using flow charting software
- Full driving licence and personal car, preferable (flexibility to travel on a regular basis locally with potential for wider travel including international assignments)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 25 days’ holiday;
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our firm is distinctive and we want to preserve and build on the strengths of our culture and the characteristics that make us both successful and different. We look for people from all kinds of backgrounds who share these same qualities.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.