Job Title: Integration & Implementation Multi-Disciplined Support Engineer for SIEM Solution
Summary of Role:
- Raytheon UK is seeking a Hardware and Systems Integration and Implementation Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to integrate and implement Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions within the Defence Intelligence domain. This role offers a highly skilled and motivated Multi-Disciplined Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Cyber & Intelligence Engineering team.
- We are seeking a Multi-Disciplined Engineer to integrate, implement and maintain a leading-edge SIEM solution. The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and into Live Operations.
- The successful candidate will find themselves working at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, gaining experience and an understanding of how Engineering and Raytheon operate. You will progressively develop technical, interpersonal, team working and other valuable skills that are fundamental to the business. Your capabilities will increase through both on the job work experience, and our commitment to continuous professional development.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role
- Interact with Service Design Team for the assignment on integration and implementation tasks.
- Assist in the investigation, resolution and closure of Tier 1, 2 and 3 technical hardware and software issues pertaining to newly implemented and integrated systems.
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate via appropriate channels.
- Providing implementation and integration for the:
- Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers (both physical and virtual), workstations (both physical and virtual), storage and networks (both physical and virtual).
- Integration of the COTS software applications.
- Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
- Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations and installing COTS applications.
- Monitor and maintain SIEM systems over multiple domains and systems.
- Create parsing scripts to ingest exotic logs into the SIEM solution.
- Preparing and executing test scripts for the physical and virtual hardware.
Analyse and resolve system hardware defects.
- Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- A knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Proven track record in the implementation and maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating complex COTS products.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment.
- Experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements, e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What’s Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- VMware virtualisation experience.
- Strong scripting capabilities using RegEx.
- Experienced implementing hardware integration projects.
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs ( 440/480/604 and relevant supplements), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
- Current DV clearance required Additional Security Checks may be required
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.