Power & Controls:
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Location: HS Marston Aerospace Ltd – Wolverhampton
Title: Inspection team Leader
Level of Responsibility:
- Possesses the necessary enthusiasm, drive and desire to succeed and discipline to achieve significant results for the organisation.
- Able to make high level assessments and identify risks.
- Proven leader who is able to train, lead, motivate and mentor individuals and cross functional teams.
- Develop others through the use of a variety of techniques, e.g. coaching, mentoring.
- Possesses Lean Manufacturing experience and able to drive and implement change.
- To ensure compliance with Company Health & Safety and Environmental policies.
- Hands on management style.
- Confident communicator at all levels
- Results driven with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
About the Job:
- You will be responsible for the company CMM machines consisting of 4 multi axis machines and auxiliary inspection equipment and team members.
- Reporting to Quality you will have the management responsibility of the day-to-day workload including deadlines, quality, efficiencies and people.
- Drive continuous improvement methods across the cell with a special focus on Health & Safety.
- Manage training requirements and development of the team.
- Support the implementation of robust TPM strategies, mistake proof setups and the development of a world class fabrication inspection cell.
- The expectation of the Metrology supervisor is to continually look for ways to improve processes and performance throughout the cell by lean deployment to reduce and eliminate waste.
- Responsible for departmental planning and coordination of schedules.
- Responsible for ensuring key cells KPI’s are implemented and met.
- Zero Labor & Process variances
- Oversees planning for new product development process, selection of machines, tools, fixtures, and inspection methods.
- Responsible for ensuring strict adherence of all company manufacturing standards/methods and policies.
- Responsible for development, justification, and implementation of continuous process improvement initiatives in quality, productivity, efficiency, capacity and safety.
- Assist with the Implementation and development of manufacturing processes and departmental SOPs.
- Manages employee performance, development and training / skills matrix to ensure team competencies and capabilities to reach the business goals and expectations.
- Practices and Maintains 5S standards in the workplace
- Purchase materials, tools, equipment, and consumables when required.
- Strive to reduce expenses and increase productivity across all product lines.
- Liaise with key internal departments to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Oversee employee workday and Autotime compliance.
- EH&S Gemba – identify risk and issues in the work place
- Support Audit compliance where needed.
- A degree or higher national diploma in relevant industry
- Technical & Extensive knowledge of CMM machinery and the practices and processes to operate these in an effective manner
- Experience with PC DMIS software critical and 3D scanning equipment/ software.
- 5+ years in manufacturing operations & 2+ years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience in handling responsibility and pressure of meeting deadlines
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Communication and time management skills
- Interest in developing knowledge of the role and working with people
This position may involve access to export controlled information and hardware where an export license would be required for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Employment will be subject to satisfactory security checks, export license approval, and if required, completion of a non-disclosure agreement .
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.