Infrastructure Manager vacancy in Walsall
£56,064 – £58,902 per annum including 30 days annual leave, hybrid working pattern and generous pension scheme.
Hays Technology are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation in Walsall to recruit an Infrastructure Manager on a permanent basis.
Working closely with colleagues, both in IT and across the organisation, you will be responsible for technical delivery of the IT infrastructure and Cyber Security transformation programmes including the migration to cloud services.
You will have responsibility for all infrastructure management activities and will lead a team of four. Reporting directly to the Director of IT, this is a hands-on role balancing delivery with long term planning and infrastructure and security architectural design. You will also be working with the Cyber Security Manager, helping to define the Cyber Security strategy, ensuring a secure and compliant environment is maintained in line with organisational risk appetite.
• You will play the lead role in the transformation of infrastructure and security technologies, ensuring delivery supports the wider organisational and strategic context.
• Working with IT colleagues, define, own and deliver the infrastructure and security architecture plans.
• Develop a solid understanding of the systems, infrastructure, and security technologies used by the team including their capabilities and limitations.
• Be able to use your knowledge of infrastructure and security operations to transform your team into a focussed delivery unit.
• Working with the IT Senior Team and interested stakeholders across the business define and maintain a set of non-functional requirements that help govern all future technology projects.
• Chair Technical Architecture Group meetings ensuring proposed changes meet with architectural plans and align to pre-agreed non-functional requirements.
• Coach the team on best practice and motivate them to drive continuous improvement via retrospectives and other optimisation techniques.
In order to apply, you must have the following skills and experience:
• A Microsoft Azure/AWS certification or similar and have relevant experience in a similar role.
• Previous experience leading an Infrastructure team.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft and Cloud hosting technologies.
• Knowledge and experience of edge protection technologies.
• Experience with Mobile Device Management solutions.
• Network management experience – Cisco technologies experience is desirable.
• A strong understanding of ITIL best practice and Agile approaches.
• Good working knowledge of change management and audit with strong security awareness including vulnerability tools and patching tools.
• An understanding of data protection (GDPR) and information governance (ISO27001).
• Previous experience transforming infrastructure within organisation.
• Strong experience deploying the M365 suite including SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams and other elements.
• Supplier management & governance experience.
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.