Infrastructure/Cyber Security PM (INSIDE IR35)
Your new role – INSIDE IR35
Responsible for project management and implementation of IT infrastructure & Cybersecurity projects (e.g. infrastructure upgrades, migrations, new functionality) across all Sectors of the client, delivered according to the Client’s PMO Project Framework.
This role will lead projects to provide IT infrastructure, Cybersecurity and engineering capabilities across global client sites. The Project Manager will be accountable to deliver project(s) potentially across multiple areas of the business and potentially multiple projects concurrently.
ASAP start for a 6-12 month contract depending on requirement.
Largely remote role with offices either in Royston or London. Expectation of site visit to be 1-2 times per month.
Accountable for all stages of successful project delivery, delivery to defined scope, budget and timescales. This will be achieved through:
- Ensuring that the scope and design of each project is managed with business cases created and submitted in a timely manner for approval
- Effectively lead activities across project(s) with overlapping schedules
- Ensuring project plans, resourcing plans and cost plans are created, agreed and maintained
- Ensuring effective management of project specific Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAID)
- Managing scope change and exception requests, escalating as appropriate
- Oversight of delivery of 3rd party vendors and suppliers in line with contracted outcomes
- Ensuring projects include an emphasis on Service Transition to ensure the successful deployment into the IT landscape and handover to BAU support teams
- Planning and managing the delivery of committed benefits for the project
Managing the governance processes to ensure project (s) is/are tightly governed throughout their lifecycle, including:
- Contributing to reviews and audits of project(s) to ensure conformance to standards
- Ensuring that delivered solutions are in line with Security requirements, and delivers requirements of the Information Security Strategy
- Ensuring that company Policies, Standards and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are adhered to at all times
- Adherence to reporting cycles across governance groups
Ensures that regular, accurate and effective communication to stakeholders, consistent with the methods in use (agile, waterfall etc):
- Deliver and manage project board(s)
- Deliver appropriate levels of reporting across all stakeholder levels
Involved in aspects of supporting a programme by providing cross programme view on risk, change, quality, finance, or configuration management
Key Skills & Experience
Strong experience in managing medium to complex projects, with an IT Infrastructure bias Can demonstrate strong core project management skills, in particular:
- Planning and estimating
- Resource management
- Project budget management
- RAID management
- Scope management
- Stakeholder management
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal
- Good experience of managing significant business change
- Good experience of managing 3rd parties
- Proven track record of successfully delivering infrastructure projects to scope, time and budget
Desirable: Experience of managing Cyber security projects, particularly for Identity and security operations
Desirable: Demonstrable experience of improving project efficiency whilst maintaining control
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.