BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We have an exciting opportunity to join the team as an Information Security Officer, known internally as Vulnerability and Protective Monitoring Liaison Officer. The Information Security (InfoSec) function is expected to enhance business effectiveness, reduce risk exposure and certify that controls are in place to assure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information flow, both internally and externally. InfoSec team members work in collaboration with Programme and Project Managers, Technical Architects, Business Analysts and specialist teams (Procurement, Engineering, CloudOps, Networking, Infrastructure).
- As Vulnerability and Protective Monitoring Liaison Officer you will be focused on the Operational Security team’s responsibilities to support Cloud/Enterprise networks Vulnerability and Protective Monitoring incident response and compliance.
- The role is supports the co-authoring playbook/rules, vulnerability scanning configuration, and Incident response of alerts/reports (primary from Sentinel, Titus, Tanium, and SOC).
- You will be demonstrating your knowledge and extensive technical experience across technologies / tools within the IT Infrastructure, network, and compute arena.
- This includes covering operational security operations across the BAE Systems Applied Intelligence estate, to help secure the business by implementing Company and client security requirements relating to its people, infrastructure, information, and assets.
- Assist the Head of Information Security in managing the risk around enterprise networks via multiple compliance measures.
What you’ll be doing
- Assist with Information Security Protective and Vulnerability alerts/incidents across the AI Cloud/Enterprise estate.
- Security alert review for networks and solutions, effectively prioritise and escalate incidents, from Sentinel, Titus, Tanium, SOC, as well as acting on other threat intelligence.
- Promoting the timely and effective processing of security alerts within defined SLA’s
- Work to maintain compliance of affected AI Cloud/Enterprise estate.
- Supporting the vulnerability and Protective Monitoring security education/awareness effort for the competency area.
- Helping validation of new technology configurations with regard to security and risk. Engagement with company experts and suppliers to ensure vulnerabilities and protective monitoring services are properly addressed using appropriate risk assessment technologies.
- Ownership of Priority 3/4 security and service alerts/incidents through to resolution/remediation
- Auditing and Compliance review
- Vulnerability management (Patching, COTS & OS) assessments
- Support the Information Security Operations Lead
- Assist with any security tasks as deemed appropriate by the Chief Security Officer or Head of Information Security
- Promote and ensure BAE Systems Behaviours
- Assisting with the promotion of knowledge of industry security regulations, for example ISO27001 and Cyber Essentials Plus
What we’re looking for
- Working knowledge and experience in developing and reporting performance and risk metrics (e.g., KPIs/KRIs – Status Reporting and Dashboard for management)
- An understanding of all layers of IT infrastructure and how security principles apply to them.
- You will have expertise with real world of Security Operations issues gained from working with the balance of business system availability and ongoing security.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills as well as interpersonal skills to interact with users, team members and senior management
- Must be a UK National and the ability to obtain UK Security Clearance.
- Experience of UK affecting Security certifications/regulations, such as: ISO27001, NIST SP800-53 framework, Information Assurance Standards, Approved security products and build standards, Cyber Essentials Plus
- Experience in the use of security toolsets used for vulnerability scanning and reporting, email security, cryptography, cloud security, identity and access management, end user behavioural analysis, statistical anomaly detection, security log collection, collation and analysis.
- Desirable certifications include recognised security qualification such as CompTIA Network and Security + or equivalent.
- Excellent communications & MS Office skills;
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.