The Information Security Officer will develop, maintain, monitor and report on compliance across all areas of Quality, Information Security, Data Protection, Health and Safety, Environmental and all areas of statutory building maintenance.
As a key contributor to both our Quality Management and Health and Safety Systems the Information Security Officer will be involved in carrying out internal audits and continuous improvement on our management systems as well as acting as the Data Protection Officer for the company.
The Successful candidate will inform, update and advise the company on systems and obligations, provide advice and solutions regarding improvements in all areas of responsibility.
What the role will involve:
- Ensuring compliance with the companies GDPR obligations for colleagues, customers and stakeholders as the company’s designated Data Protection Officer (DPO).
- Act as the first contact point for local authorities and specialist groups such as the supervisory authority for Compliance, Health and Safety and Data Protection. Cooperate, coordinate, and respond to external auditors/investigators for areas of responsibility.
- Work with key systems in the governance process to implement improvements, good practice and legislative updates into the relevant systems in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Assist and support client contracts in achieving their targets for site specific compliance, GDPR and Information Security.
- Drive continuous improvement and a culture of learning across all governance and compliance activities, identifying potential risks and actions to mitigate against them. Lead on data assurance activities, ensuring data is robust and reliable.
Essential Skills required:
- Certified Data Protection Officer
- Expertise in national and European data protection law, including an in-depth knowledge of the GDPR.
- Ability to audit and report on compliance in health and safety, statutory compliance and GDPR.
- Expertise in maintaining large databases.
- Expertise in building/statutory compliance including but not limited to fire, electrical, gas, water asbestos, air conditioning and security.
- Willing to undertake National Travel with overnight stays
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.