Do you possess strong communication and risk management skills? Would you relish putting these skills into practice by performing a key role within the Home Office to protect the organisation from Cyber threats?
Why this role is important
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Information Security Manager who has strong risk and audit management skills to work for the Cyber Security Assurance Service (CSAS) which is part of the wider Cyber Security team at the Home Office. You will be responsible for working closely teams across the organisation to investigation major breaches of security and contribute to the development of information security policies and procedures.
The successful Information Security Manager will advise the auditing regime of critical national infrastructure services and ensure all access to data held on national systems is conducted in accordance with policies and procedures. You will review security audits and investigation reports into internal unauthorised activity on national systems and services ensuring that all risks are identified, understood and managed.
We will see that the Lead Information Security Manager holds:
- developing security policy documentation, working in line with best practice principles for information security and risk management
- developing technical knowledge in order to understand the security impacts of any changes, and applying yourself to manage these
- absorbing potentially large amounts of conflicting information and using it to produce recommendations and solutions, leveraging analysis to enhance business performance
- demonstrating strong stakeholder skills in order to communicate and influence colleagues around the impact of security issues
Certifications in CiSMP, ISO 27001, Information Security Management and ITIL v3 is also highly desirable.
As an employer of choice, the Home Office offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Salary – £37,051 – £41,193 *Candidates that provide an exceptional demonstration of the necessary skills and experience may be subject to receive a Recruitment & Retention Allowance of up to £6250
- Outstanding pension scheme (27.1%)
- Flexible working to support a healthy work life balance
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 30 after 10 years’ service in the Home Office) plus 8 bank holidays and 1 additional day for the Queen’s Birthday
Please note, this application would be an expression of interest, a formal application will need to be submitted via civil service jobs. Further instructions will be provided once Hays have reviewed your suitability for the role.
Hays Specialist Recruitment has been appointed as the recruitment partner for the Home Office.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.