Hays Technology are partnering with a global environmental services organisation based on the outskirts of Birmingham recruiting for an Information Security Manager to lead a team of SME’s within the Security Department.
What you’ll be doing:
The successful candidate will be assume a leadership role, leading a team to provide a balance between a safe operation and availability of a site against the threat of Cyber risks.
- The role’s technical focus is matched by its appreciation of business needs, requiring ongoing attention to professional development and routine engagement with business representatives.
- The position is scoped include activities for audit inspection, necessitating visits to the company’s waste, water, treatment, and hazardous treatment facilities.
- Deliver security capabilities against identified risk and business expectations through defined security architecture, standards, policies, procedures, products and services.
- Be a trusted leader and domain guide in operational technology security and information governance, including legal and regulatory obligations for information security
- Contribute to an on-call rota providing an out-of-hours point of contact for observed high priority incidents.
- For planning and managing the team’s day today activities and priorities and their general performance and development.
- Meet with clients and customers to ensure that our information security and governance standards meet their needs and expectations.
- Engage with business stakeholders to review performance and agree improvement targets.
- Engage with all areas of the business to continually improve our processes, policies and controls.
- Provide assistance to stakeholders on the technical elements of business continuity planning.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Has led a team of subject matter experts and ensured their ongoing retention and development.
- Has knowledge of and experience in developing and documenting security architecture and plans, including strategic, tactical and project plans.
- A proven track record at directing and leading operation / information security teams
- Confirmed technical background and experience in leading and delivering security capability to a large scale organisation
- Management of a Security Operations Centre and tooling relevant to an enterprise-scaled network.
- Has shown an appreciation for the needs of statutory, regulatory and voluntary conditions and can associate such needs with effective security controls.
- Has conducted a detailed assessment of risk within an OT enterprise, defining strategies for mitigating risk and ensuring such strategies recorded, effective and understood by their stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills to analyse security requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
What you’ll get in return
Working in the Tech industry certainly has its rewards and this role is no exception. An excellent salary is on offer for this position as well as a very competitive bonus and car allowance, they also offer an unrivalled pension and share scheme. In addition to this you will receive 25 days holiday exclusive of bank holidays, plus a great flexible working programme in place with the option to split your time between working from home and working in the office.
Please click to apply for this role, we welcome your application!
I am a Consultant for Hays Technology, specialising in Cyber and Information Security for the Midlands, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery â€” I thrive on delivering for our clients.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. Cyber and Information Security skills have never been needed more. We are talking â€” all the time â€” so whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your cyber career, talk to us today.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.