Information Security Lead
Duration: 6 months
Rate: Â£400-750 per day
IR35: In scope
Location: Home / Leeds, West Yorkshire
Scope: Information Security Governance, risk, compliance and control frameworks
The purpose of the Information Security Lead role is to highlight and ensure the reduction of information security risks, by driving the delivery of consistent, high quality security assurance and controls. Leading a small team, the role will create, own and deliver an information security strategy and roadmap taking end to end responsibility across all areas of information security ensuring they meet the organisationâ€™s risk appetite, regulatory and strategic direction.
- Provide leadership across the Digital and Change Division and the Information Security team
- To work with stakeholders to identify and recommend information security solutions that deliver business outcomes that align to business requirements.
- Lead on the assessment of potential security risks within a system/application or project with regard to confidentiality, integrity and availability, to derive remediation efforts that do not significantly impact operations.
- Manage the development and implementation of appropriate information security and privacy policies, processes, standards and other resources, ensure all resources meet applicable legislative and regulatory requirements ensuring the business remains compliant
- Engage with new CIO upon arrival
- Be used to change / moving landscapes / ambiguity
- Controls management
- An excellent communicator and explainer
- Prioritise: Risks, Assessments, Plan of action
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) qualifications or a significant level of experience of leading an IS function that has delivered a secure, robust, sustainable and cost-effective technology infrastructure.
- Understanding of the cyber security risks associated with various technologies and ways to manage them
- Knowledge of security domains, auditing standards and frameworks, and risk analysis frameworks including ISO 27001
- Significant experience of ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System â€” ISMS)
- Cyber Essentials
- Public Sector experience
INFOSEC, INFO SEC, SECURITY, ISO, ISO 27001, ISMS, CYBER, CISM, CISSP, RISK, CHANGE, PUBLIC SECTOR, GOVERNMENT
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.