KPMGI Group Context and Background
ITS Global (Information Technology Services Global) is one of four pillars within KPMG’s Global Technology & Knowledge group. As such, ITS Global provides innovative components that KPMG’s business functions and member firms use to deliver client-facing solutions. ITS Global also provides the information protection and technology infrastructure that secures KPMG’s technology environment and connects its network of member firms. ITS Global works with the other GT&K pillars to provide KPMG technology solutions that leverage world-leading partnerships, disruptive digital capabilities and access to the firm’s collective intelligence.
KPMG’s IPG Managed Security Services (MSS) helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber-attack, through timely detection, investigation and remediation of potential threats.
The purpose of the Information Security Engineer role is to ensure sound delivery of technical projects, systems and services for MSS. The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for customisation, maintenance and support of various security monitoring platforms and provide a mixture of project delivery, system integration, maintenance and support around the GSOC platforms including Microsoft Azure Sentinel platform and Microsoft 365 Defender security suite. The Information Security Engineer will be part of a team working in a fast paced environment driving performance, reliability and supporting the platforms delivering MSS services.
The successful candidate for this role will have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, experience in integrating multi technology platforms and brands of product, solid communication skills and a desire to tackle the complex problems of scale which are unique.
• Manage support cases to ensure issues are recorded, tracked, resolved, and follow-ups are done in a timely manner.
• Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions
• Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
• Deliver an excellent customer service
• Ensure leadership are aware of all issues
• Ensure work is completed in such a way that complies with established compliance and other internal control requirements
• Exercising judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
% of Time Accountability:
20 Responsible for installation, management, maintenance and support of MSS platforms.
20 Ensure continuous improvement of MSS SIEM and XDR platforms by leveraging the appropriate Data Analytics
15 Co-ordinate with various vendors, other KPMG teams and business stakeholders on work related to design and setup activities at different stages of a technical project.
15 Compile and maintain the necessary documentation of all system designs, builds and modifications.
10 Responsible for coordination and delivery of user training and training material.
10 Monitor systems, identify/resolve issues, prepare status reviews and reports.
10 Identify, liaise and manage any escalated faults with 3rd party suppliers for major incidents, network improvements or correction of recurring problems
“Everyone a Leader” Competencies
Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
1. Champion inclusion: Creates an environment in which all people feel like they belong
2. Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
3. Advance an ethical environment: Takes personal responsibility for the ethical environment of the firm and encourages others to do the same
4. Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
5. Make sound decisions: Exercises sound ethical and business judgment when making decisions
6. Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
7. Demonstrate self-awareness: Focuses on self-development and continuous learning, using insight to build capability and confidence
8. Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
9. Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
Technical Skills & Qualifications
• Solid knowledge and experience with Linux
• Solid knowledge and experience with Query Languages preferably KQL
• Solid knowledge and experience with PowerShell, Python and other scripting languages
Description of level of Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Information Technology) or equivalent experience.
• 3+ years’ experience with implementing/integrating/managing cybersecurity solutions across enterprise IT Architecture and with organizations similar to KPMG (international, services companies).
• Excellent written and oral communications
• Experience working with vendors and various solution providers
• Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.