Why choose us?
The University of The Arts London is one of the top 6 universities in the world for art and design and comprises of 6 globally renowned colleges. It is a highly desirable and varied place of work and requires an innovative, high performing IT service to deliver to this highly creative community.
UAL supports around 20,000 students and 5,000 staff based across 14 sites in the heart of London. The University is currently going through a period of ambitious change and redevelopment, in line with the 2015-2022 strategy, and IT Services is growing to meet the ambitions of the University. As a result, this is an exciting time to join an expanding team that is tasked with delivering a wide range of high-profile strategic projects and improvements within a secure and protected environment.
As an enthusiastic and passionate Information Security Analyst you will monitor and manage the operation of security enforcing systems across the University.
You will help the IT Security Manager to raise the awareness and importance of information, and help improve adherence to IT security policies, operational procedures and security related service management processes.
Activities will include security incident management, vulnerability management, information security investigations and audits, supervision of 3rd party vendors and associated project work.
- Experience of security principles, technical security features and protection systems including anti-spam, anti-virus and web protection systems would be highly desirable for the position
- Exposure to firewall, network traffic, cryptographic standards, windows/MacOS security, O365 and web server security is desirable
- Any experience with vulnerability assessments, penetration testing, log analysis (SIEM), and cloud/third party risk assessments would be beneficial
- Experience of secure software development lifecycle, API security, and secure design principles would be beneficial.
- Awareness and knowledge of relevant regulations including GDPR, PCI-DSS, and Cyber Essentials would be beneficial
- Any security accreditations such as Sec+, GSEC, ISC2 Associate, BCS Foundation, etc would be advantageous.
It is essential that you are able to communicate advice clearly and persuasively and can present compelling arguments that are both written and spoken.
- You will have experience in building good relationships at all levels across stakeholder groups and partner organisations
- You will be able to work effectively in cross-functional teams with both business and technical stakeholders
As an employer of choice, the University of the Arts London offers an extensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary package of Â£34,326 – Â£45,899
- 31 days annual leave (inclusive of days between Christmas and New Year when it closes) plus public holidays
- Competitive pension package
- A healthy work-life balance for all employees
Closing date: Sunday 30th Jan
Interviews will take place virtually on Tuesday 8th February
Hays Technology have been retained by the UAL to manage the recruitment of this role. For all enquiries, please contact Michael Arnold at Hays Technology.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.