Your new company
We make final decisions on complaints that have not been resolved by the NHS in England and UK government departments and other public organisations.
Your new role
As the Information Security Manager, you will lead on operational information and cyber security.
You will play a key role in protecting the information of people who work for or with us and for all clients.
You will use your knowledge of technology both legacy and emerging, to find pragmatic and ethical responses to complex issues.
You will embody integrity and resilience as you and your team deliver an exemplary service internally and externally.
You will have a clear vision of what good information security looks like. You will use your communication and motivation skills to engage colleagues and partners in delivering that vision.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Knowledge and experience of information security, data protection and information rights legislation applied within a public authority.
- Knowledge, experience and expertise in assessing new technologies, concepts, ideas and/or suppliers to ensure security and legislative compliance.
- Knowledge and experience of risk and opportunity management with information and technology risk management desirable.
- Experience of delivering continuous and demonstrable improvements and of using data manipulation, analysis and performance/management information techniques to track that improvement.
- Sound knowledge of people management skills and processes.
- Understanding how new and emergent technologies impact data protection and information security.
- Ability to understand technological and informatic concepts (examples include cloud, AI, big data, machine learning, internet of things, data centres and protocols) to be able to identify risks.
- Experience of working in an ITIL or similar environment
- Experience in leading and completing data protection impact and security risk assessments.
- Industry recognised qualifications in cyber security and information e.g. CISSP, CIPT, CISM
- Degree in a technical, numerate or analytical discipline.
- An awareness of public administration (central government in particular) (Desirable)
What you’ll get in return
Flexible working options available.
Guaranteed inflation proof income on retirement.
Life assurance cover.
Pension for dependants (Spouse, Civil, Partner, Children)
Potential access to ill health retirement benefits (with two yearsâ€™ service) should you become too ill to work.
Options on leaving a lump sum payment, should something happen to you, through the Death Benefit Nomination.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.