BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
The Information Architect is responsible for the structural design of shared information environments including applications, websites, intranets, focused on bringing principles of design and architecture to the digital landscape. They will be responsible for modelling and the concept of data and information that is used and applied to activities which require explicit details of complex information systems. These activities include library systems and database development.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- Expressing the enterprise vision for the applications and the data flows between them
- Modeling and maintaining the enterprise / digital data and information models
- Extending the data models to the application architecture
- Coordinating the integration and service-oriented architecture (SOA) between applications.
The Enterprise data architect will also be accountable for governing and embedding the AI Data Governance and Quality framework.
This role can be based from our Guildford or Leeds offices however can be primarily home based, with travel required on average once or twice per month.
What you’ll be doing
- Aligning planning processes and IT and data strategies
- Managing risks related to IT and information assets
- Develops organisational policies, standards, and guidelines for information and records management ensuring that uniformly recognised and accepted data definitions are developed and applied throughout the organisation.Expressing the enterprise vision for the applications and the data flows between them
- Develops analytics policy, standards and guidelines. Establishes and manages analytics methods, techniques and capabilities to enable the organisation to analyse data, to generate insights, create value and drive decision-making. Sets direction and leads the introduction and use of analytics to meet overall business requirements, ensuring consistency across all user groups.
- Identifies and establishes the veracity of the external sources of information which are relevant to the operational needs of the enterprise. Develops standards and procedures to support content publishing across one or more platforms/channels in a form accessible to all potential users, including those with disabilities.
- Develops the overall strategy for the delivery of information and knowledge, including preferred media, overall information structure, and rules for formatting content to meet the needs of the organisation and its desired audience(s).
- Sets standards for data modelling and design tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinates the application of data analysis, design and modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Manages the iteration, review and maintenance of data requirements and data models.
- Establishes the purpose and parameters of the data visualisation. Provides overall control, to ensure appropriate use of data visualisation tools and techniques. Formats and communicates results, using textual, numeric, graphical and other visualisation methods appropriate to the target audience.
- Advises on appropriate use of data visualisation for different purposes and contexts to enable requirements to be satisfied.
- Develops plans showing how the identified user needs will be met. Leads exploration of new approaches for data visualisation.
What we’re looking for
- Manages the investigation of both local and enterprise data requirements.
- Co-ordinates the application of data analysis and data modelling techniques in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions, etc.).
- Develops the AI data models to support data governance / quality and enterprise architecture strategy.
- Understands and can implement a data quality approach – both measurement and management
- Sets standards for data analysis tools and techniques, advises on their application and ensures compliance.
- Builds a detailed knowledge of the full range of database and data persistence architectures, software and facilities available (e.g. streams).
- Interprets conceptual models into appropriate physical structures within set policies.
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Corporate Functions
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and the business could not operate without all the dedicated work of our Corporate Functions teams. From Finance & Operations through Communications & Marketing, to HR and Site Operations and more, our Corporate Functions enable our divisions to implement ground-breaking digital transformations and crucial defence software.
As part of Corporate Functions, you will be supporting and partnering with our global business from the backline, being a strategic advisor within your specialist area, and ensuring the business runs smoothly and efficiently. We all have a role to play in defending our clients; and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.