Independence, Conflicts & Ethics Operations, Communications and Knowledge Manager
12 Month FTC or Secondment with option to go perm
We have a vacancy to join our team to be involved as the Operations Manager for the Independence, Conflicts & Ethics.Â
The Independence, Conflicts & Ethics Team sits within One Firm Risk Management and ensures compliance with the independence, conflicts and ethical rules that apply to the firm and its Partners and staff.Â Â
The team currently comprises 55 staff based primarily in Embankment Place, London. The team is led by two Partners and a Director, the Deputy Leader of the team.
We are looking for a Manager who is solutions-focused, skilled at building relationships, enjoys being at the heart of a team, and wants to be part of a cohesive and vibrant team.
The role requires a Manager who has experience of operational management, operations excellence and operations transformation as well as managing a large team and is looking to demonstrate these skills in a new environment.Â
Experience of delivering first class customer outcomes, and ideally customer journey development and transformation would be of particular benefit.
Whilst some degree of independence knowledge would be useful it is not critical.Â What is more important is that you have relevant experience of managing within a team and you want to have a role which provides critical business support to the firm in a complex and changing regulatory environment.
Key responsibilities of the Independence, Conflicts and Ethics team include:
- Development of independence, conflicts and business conduct / ethics guidance and training
- Providing independence, conflicts and business conduct / ethics advice to Partners and staff across the firm
- Management of various BU processes and activities
- Oversight of the Service Delivery CentresÂ
- Liaising with other functional teams such as the Partner Office
- Liaising with regulators
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Operationalise the strategic priorities, working with the Deputy Leader and Team Leaders
- Support the change agenda for the BU, including supporting changes in our operational model and helping driving change across the business
- Provide leadership, direction and challenge to ensure the operational support teams (Finance, Resourcing, HC, Recruitment) are working together to meet the needs of the team
- Support the leadership team, including developing agendas, preparing material and running leadership and other meetings (eg leadership meetings, department meetings etc) ensuring time is focused on the relevant key areas (eg where action is needed, behavioural change required etc)
- Assist the Deputy Leader and Team Leaders with the creation, deployment and analysis of data analytic tools to help predict, monitor and analyse business performance and capacity around volume, peak periods of activity, resource planning and headcount
- Produce relevant management information as required for reporting and decision making
- Support the Finance Leader in the development of annual budgets and re-forecasts, providing strategic and business insights and challenges
- Ensure the team operates with optimal headcount in line with budgets, including taking the lead on headcount planning and recruitment activity
- Ownership of the communication plan and roll-out of the communications targeted at audiences within the team using a variety of platforms
- Project Management Oversight of firmwide training, risk assessment reviews and reporting and reporting on strategic priorities
The roles will report to a Director, the Deputy Leader of the team and given the importance of the role, you will also be part of the leadership team.
Â The successful candidate will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Operations management (preferably within a regulated environment)
- Operational excellence and operations transformation
- Action orientated with an ability to multitask , remain calm under pressure and operate in a growing and changing environment.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) and need to be able to communicate confidently and professionally with people at all levels.Â
- Ability to build relationships at all levels of the organisation, both within and outside the team
- Works effectively within a team , provides coaching / mentoring where appropriate and communicates progress effectively. Confident in managing more senior peopleâ€™s expectations .
- Proficient in IT applications / Data Analytics (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google, Tableau, PowerBI, Alteryx). Confident to apply IT skills to work across new systems/applications specific to the activities of the team. Numerate, analytical and comfortable with numbers.
- Good time management and organisational skills with an ability to prioritise workloads.Â Takes pride in delivering accurate and thorough work.
- Forward thinking, proactive with a strong work ethic and a pragmatic approach to problem solving
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.