HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) Director Cyber Security Operations
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC)
Director Cyber Security Operations
Salary: £110,000 (potentially more for an exceptional candidate)
Location: Cardiff, Telford, Manchester, Bristol, Newcastle, Worthing, Leeds, Edinburgh, Stratford, Nottingham, Glasgow
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is one of the UK’s largest and most recognised organisations, impacting the lives of almost every member of society and central to the business of government and public services. This is a hugely exciting time to join HMRC as they undergo an impactful and ambitious digital transformation journey, which will affect all colleagues and customers, to revolutionise tax administration, while ensuring greater financial support is available to those in need.
This is a truly unique opportunity for a senior security professional to lead and shape the cyber security strategy for HMRC Security, while navigating the landscape of a high profile and highly visible position within an organisation of this stature. This role will be an influential member of the HMRC Security Leadership Team and would suit an individual who can develop and implement creative, innovative solutions to complex security challenges, while demonstrating a passion to work collaboratively with peers to achieve success. This will include working closely with the Chief Security Officer and Executive Committee to monitor, evaluate and report on the current cyber security status, in addition to working proactively to bring risk into tolerance.
The successful individual will be accountable for the HMRC Security Operations Centre (SOC) and will lead on ensuring the required technical capabilities are met across the business to both identify potential security threats, as well as develop and implement the appropriate response measure to address such risks.
HMRC Security is at an exciting time in its evolution journey as they continue the implementation of the Enterprise Security Programme, a 3-year Strategic Change Programme, centred around the enhancement and modernisation of HMRC, with security at the heart. It will be essential that this individual helps to mould and embed the necessary security culture amongst teams, with a strong focus on continuous improvement and a customer centric approach. Furthermore, the successful candidate will be required to support in the recruitment and development of cyber security operations team members, ensuring alignment across both technical and cultural skills.
• Establishing and maintaining cyber security safeguards to ensure that information assets and associated technology, applications, systems, infrastructure, and processes are adequately protected in the ecosystem in which HMRC operates.
• Working collaboratively across the HMRC Security senior leadership team, CDIO and wider HMRC to further our strategic aims.
• Leading cyber operations team through significant change over the next three years.
• Ensuring capabilities delivered by Security Transformation are aligned to the overall cyber strategy
• Engaging across government and wider industry to serve the best interests of HMRC.
• Developing and delivering the cyber security strategic plan.
• Extensive experience in developing and leading large operational cyber security teams in a large, complex IT environment and customer base.
• Proven ability to think strategically and articulate a clear vision for the operational cyber security function, coupled with a track record of strong operational delivery capability.
• Compelling communication skills – to connect with technical teams in the detail, as well as senior stakeholders in clarity of status.
• Demonstrable experience of working effectively with managed suppliers and vendors.
• Able to react quickly, decisively, deliberately and professionally in fast paced, high-impact situations.
HMRC is committed to creating a great place to work. A diverse, inclusive, and vibrant organisation, where everyone is supported and valued. HMRC aims to maximise the potential of everyone who chooses to work for them and offers a range of flexible working patterns and support to make a fulfilling career at HMRC accessible to you. Applications are welcomed from all people from all backgrounds with the experience and skills needed to perform this role.
How to apply
For a confidential discussion, please apply below.
To apply for this post, we require a copy of your CV and a statement of suitability (no longer than two pages) outlining how your skills and experience match the essential criteria. This is to be submitted online no later than 23:55 on Sunday 26th March 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.