We are currently recruiting for a Head of Telemetry and IOCC to be a part of our team!
As part of the regulatory drive to protect customers and ensure customer harm is reduced, service availability and operational resiliency (with the ability to be able demonstrate compliance) is more important than ever. Aviva is pivoting their ageing monitoring techniques to one of e2e integration, such that focus shifts from reactive alerting to that of preventative avoidance.
This is a challenging, rewarding and crucial opportunity to ensure that we have an integrated operations command centre function that is fit for the digital world and our strategic expansion plans in digital and automated services. The role will span a multitude of domains including Application, Infrastructure, Network, Cloud, Cyber and Security functions. It will form a pivotal part of our regulatory requirement to reduce incidents under the new Operational Resiliency framework.
We need your expert experience to lead and direct a team of circa 20x GSP (and budget of circa £3m p.a) and 3x permanent roles and oversees the running of the IOCC. In addition to maximise the software spend of circa £13m p.a. The role will also focus on the efficient and effective running of an outsourced Integrated Ops Command Centre spanning ASOC, GSOC and Security operations.
Responsibilities within the role:
- Ensure the non-negotiable focus on resiliency and service from the regulator is achieved
- Increase resiliency by reducing impact of unplanned outage ( less Incidents and faster recovery)
- Provide easy and timely access to information through dashboarding, presenting information in a coherent way
- Ability to learn, tune and or proactively adjust systems to achieve improved performance based on telemetry
- Support future AI Ops, machine learning and auto fixing/self-healing initiatives
- Able to provide faster and improved decision making through cross team collaboration (collision and collaboration effect)
- Enhanced communication and performance understanding through the convergence of functions
- Optimise prioritisation of fixes based upon impact and probability and automation
- Support any OD move to an integrated operations function
- Rationalised tool set with greater optimisation of retained tooling
Skills and experience we’re looking for:
- Experience of operating at a senior IT Manager level
- Experience of leading in an IT Operations role managing complex incidents
- Preferably experience of running NOC type operations and or outsource arrangements
- Ability to be able to accommodate out of hours and weekend working
- Demonstrable knowledge of IT Telemetry and monitoring systems
- Experience and proven capability to lead virtual and offshore teams
- Good experience with managing 3rd party suppliers
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders – ability to lead, manage and influence
- ITIL Qualification
- Experience of delivering using multiple models incl, RAD, Lean, Agile, ITIL, Dev Ops
- Knowledge of key industry tools e.g. – Moog, AppD, Splunk, Magic etc
What will you get for this role?
- Competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience, and qualifications
- A generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- A holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring risk handling is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always ‘Care More’. It’s our thing. We’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with a diverse group of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job . Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability, and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online . If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Lacey Lane Mckoy a call on 0207 255 0884 or send an email to [email protected]
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010 *. By ‘ minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.