Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
At Collins Aerospace, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies.
We are currently seeking a Global Product Portfolio Manager – Baggage Solutions Value Stream Leader. This person will work closely with our teams within our Brighton and Crawley offices, UK. This role can be remote / hybrid.
The Design and Innovation Team encompasses Global Product Management (GPM), Global Solutions Design and Global Systems Architecture and Cloud. The GPM team is composed of Global Product Portfolio Managers (Product Value Stream Leaders – VSL) for our Airport Solutions products and services (Baggage Processing Portfolio, Passenger Processing Portfolio, and Airport Operations) responsible for the overall management of the airports systems global product portfolio. The Global Product Manager will report to the Global Head of Design and Innovation and will be responsible for Baggage Processing Portfolio including Self-service Baggage Drop solutions, Baggage Messaging, Baggage Management systems, and related areas
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Defining Collins Aerospace airport product vision and roadmap.
- Leading and managing the product portfolio (including P&L)
- Working with all stakeholders internal and external to ensure all stakeholder needs are identified and successfully addressed.
- Ownership of all required product business plans including Statement of Need, user requirements and functional specifications.
- Delivery of user requirement documents and functional specifications with prioritized features and corresponding justifications.
- Understanding the market, competition, and competing products.
- Working with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Understanding and supporting the current development technologies and systems architectures as used in an airports environment
- Research and use of new technologies, platforms and services for the delivery of the roadmap.
- Developing required capital financing plans and justifications.
- Working with Engineering and Product Development group for the delivery of agreed products and services.
- Support marketing with the preparation and delivery of product collateral.
- Preparing the capital plans for required development activities and ensuring that the agreed deliverables are produced on time and within budget.
- Attendance at industry workshops and forums.
- Managing products through the Collins Management System process from product inception to End Of Life strategies
- Significant and proven working experience in an airline or airport operations environment.
- Experience with Airport IT systems (Baggage systems is a plus)
- Experience with IT product management in a relevant field.
- Experience in presenting material to both technical and business audiences.
- Experience with developing and launching new products.
- Experience in application development
- Experience in the use of new technologies, architectures and systems to provide new solution sets including the use and development for cloud solutions
- Ability to take market research and customer requirements to perform gap analysis.
- Ability to conduct market analysis and prepare new product business plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment.
Education or Certification Requirements:
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
PMP certification is advantageous
An MBA would be highly desirable
Some of our competitive b
enefits package includes:
• Flexible working from Day 1
• 25 days of vacation • Competitive pay package
• Company pension plan
• Corporate health insurance
• Career Development Opportunities
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibilities.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace, in accordance with our ‘Baseline Security’ requirements, will request from candidates evidence of identity, eligibility to work in the UK, and employment and/or education history for up to three years, in relation to certain roles within the business. These relate to positions where access to export controlled items, (e.g., Technical data, hardware, software, and services subject to international trade control laws and regulations) and Collins IT Systems may apply. For further details of the evidence required to apply for Baseline and Security Clearance please refer to the Defence Business Services National Security Vetting (DBS NSV) Agency.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.