Atlantic Inertial Systems Limited, Clittaford Road, Southway, Plymouth, PL6 6DE
Collins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
An opportunity has arisen for a General Accounting Intern to join our teams within our Plymouth Facility
The successful candidate will be working for Silicon Sensing Systems Ltd. (SSSL) which is a joint venture company owned by Collins Aerospace (Atlantic Inertial Systems Ltd) and Sumitomo Precision Products located in Amagasaki, Japan. SSSL manufactures innovative MEMS based inertial sensors designed by its parent companies and makes IMU’s; these products are sold to commercial markets that range from marine, autonomous, robotics and space applications. Our growth plan includes development and extension of our current technologies into civil aircraft applications.
This position is for a General Accounting Intern who would be working within the Finance department of our Joint Venture business, Silicon Sensing Systems Ltd.
The successful candidate would be joining a current team of two accountants. The candidate would be assisting the part time Accounts Assistant with the day to day transactional processes of the business and filling in on their non-working days.
They will also be supporting, and mentored by, the Financial Controller for Silicon Sensing Systems, where they will be the owner for a number of processes and jobs, whilst also learning about the role of Financial Controller. This is with a view to be able to advance the candidates knowledge of the Finance profession and also of the business as a whole.
The roles and responsibilities for the position will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Inventory management. Take the lead to ensure all inventory is correctly accounted for within the company. This requires the development of detailed understanding of the accounting flows both within the UK site and the Japan based sites and the establishment of excellent cross border communications.
- Fixed Asset Management. Take the lead to ensure fixed assets and depreciation are accurately reported in the accounts. Provide detailed analysis to aid the investment approval process.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the balance sheet account balances to ensure the balance sheet remains
- Assist with the processing of transactions in the ERP 5.
- Assist in the development of the use of the ERP in the business, to include setting up the project accounting module, the roll out of the ERP to the Japanese businesses, and the linkage of the ERP companies to consolidate at a control level.
- Assist in the development of reporting within the JV, to include use of the Excel add in to retrieve information directly from the ERP system.
- Work closely with and be mentored by the JV Financial Controller as part of a programme to develop the knowledge and skill set of the successful candidate
- Perform ad-hoc requests as required
In return, we offer a competitive salary together with a suite of benchmark benefits including membership of BUPA, Annual Leave Buy/Sell, Employee and Family Assistance Programme, employee discounts, and much more, all working within a culture based on positive assumptions in an exceptionally safe, clean and modern working environment.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.