BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
Ask Front End Developers what’s on their mind, and the answer is: code. They make the two-dimensional multi-dimensional and really fun to experience. They are able to walk the line between code junkie and artist and make beautiful unions between form and function. The partnership Front End Developers enjoy with Back End Developers is a match made in cyber-heaven. In the infinite time and space of the web and cloud, server-side meets database and application engineering to create the digital innovations and interactive events we’ve come to expect and even crave.
Front-end developers are responsible for delivering web and mobile experiences that look and perform superbly across all platforms.
This position involves using the latest front-end web technologies to develop code alongside a team of developers (both front and back-end, with different platform specialties).
Collaboration and subject matter expertise: The ultimate goal is to work with other UCD specialists to create digital experiences that inform, inspire and delight, regardless of channel or audience type. The Front End Developer will also work closely with UX Consultants, Technical Architects and client-side staff to interpret user requirements and create appropriate solutions that deliver tangible results.
The front-end developer facilitates dialogue between internal and external clients and teams, and communicates technical information, functionality, and limitations to non-technical teams.
This role works closely with both external clients and internal, cross-functional teams on projects that range from a few weeks to a few months in length.
What background are we looking for?
- Proficient with React 16 for creating complex web apps (min of 2 year’s commercial experience)
- Experience working with Redux
- Experience working with CSS
- Experience working with APIs, both REST based and using GraphQL
- Experience working with Node.js and Express
- Experience with testing Frameworks
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team and learn from colleagues
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Experience working with Git version control system
- Experience working closely with UX team
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Ability to adopt the development teams’ processes and adhere to existing coding standards
- Experience in Typescript
- Experience using Sass and/or Styled Components
- Experience using Storybook
- Creating data visualisations using Canvas or SVG
- REST and RESTful API design
- Experience in User Experience (UX)
- Experience in D3
- Knowledge of Microservice Architecture and Docker
- Experience in continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins and Bamboo)
How we will support you:
- Work-life balance is important; you’ll get 25 days holiday a year and, via our flexible benefits package the option to buy/sell and carry over from the year before
- Our flexible benefits package includes; private medical and dental insurance, a competitive pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, taste cards and more
- You’ll have a dedicated Career Manager to help you develop your career and guide you on your journey through BAE
- Don’t know a particular technology? Your learning and development is key to your future career
- You’ll be part of our bonus scheme
- You are welcome to join any/all of our Diversity and Support groups. These groups cover everything from gender diversity to mental health and wellbeing.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence:
We help nations, governments and businesses around the world defend themselves against cyber-crime, reduce their risk in the connected world, comply with regulation, and transform their operations. We do this using our unique set of solutions, systems, experience and processes.
Our success is down to our people. The changing nature of our business means that we’re constantly looking for the brightest talent to help us fulfil our ambitions. As an experienced professional, we’ll entrust you with responsibility; this means that you’ll have client contact, variety and support from day one.
We’ll encourage and support you to develop your skills and reward you as you grow. Whatever your area of expertise, you’ll be much more than just a job title; you’ll be an integral part of the business where your individual contribution makes a difference every day. Great minds deserve great rewards, so we also offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Staying competitive in today’s global marketplace requires an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential. We also welcome discussions about flexible working.
Only those with the permanent and unrestricted right to live and work in the UK will be considered for a position within BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. Due to the nature of our work, successful candidates for this role will be required to go through Government SC clearance prior to starting with us. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/security-vetting-and-clearance
Life at BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We are embracing Hybrid Working. This means you and your colleagues may be working in different locations, such as from home, another BAE Systems office or client site, some or all of the time, and work might be going on at different times of the day. By embracing technology, we can interact, collaborate and create together, even when we’re working remotely from one another. Hybrid Working allows for increased flexibility in when and where we work, helping us to balance our work and personal life more effectively, and enhance wellbeing.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the success of BAE Systems Applied Intelligence. We are proud to have an organisational culture where employees with varying perspectives, skills, life experiences and backgrounds – the best and brightest minds – can work together to achieve excellence and realise individual and organisational potential.
About BAE Systems Applied Intelligence
We use our intelligence-led insights to help defend Governments, Nations and Societies from cyber-attacks and financial crime. Our customers depend on our evolving capabilities to help them safely grow their organisations. Our unprecedented access to threat intelligence, world-leading analysts and market-leading technology means we can help them to adapt, evolve and stay ahead of the criminals.
Division overview: Government
At BAE Systems Applied Intelligence, we pride ourselves in being a leader in the cyber defence industry, and Government contracts are an area we have many decades of experience in. Our Government business unit houses four of our critical client groups: UK National Security, Global National Security, defence and central government. Government and key infrastructure networks are critical targets to defend as the effects of these networks being breached can be devastating.
As a member of the Government business unit, you will defend the connected world and ensure the protection of nations. We all have a role to play in defending our clients, and this is yours.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.