We have a new, dynamic opportunity for a Firewall Analyst to join our Aviva Firewall Management Team (FMT) in Bristol. This position is involved directly in every aspect of the team’s global remit of high-quality firewall service and developing new rule sets.
What are the duties & responsibilities?
- Assessing firewall changes being requested through business as usual or project work and using the AlgoSec firewall management platform to model those changes
- Working with teams requesting changes to help them understand what rules are allowed and how their requests may be modified to fit it with Aviva’s risk profile
- Advancing potential security issues such as out of tolerance rules for assessment by a CISO (Chief Information Security Office) team
- Working closely with our managed service providers and other 3rd parties to schedule and test firewall changes
- Ensuring the availability of the AlgoSec platform and its related collectors is consistent for the global user base
Your skills & experiences:
- Number of years experience in firewall/network
- Customer focused with superb communication skills
- Experience in working in a geographically diverse team
- Familiar with business partners at all levels across global enterprise organisation and managing their expectations
- Experience in taking the lead on projects and working to your own initiative
- Knowledge of managing firewalls and security devices across a wider range of manufacturers
- Obtained or willing to work towards gaining a CCNA qualification
- Relevant experience with CCNA Security
- Manufactures Certification in FortiGate, Checkpoint, Palo Alto or Cisco is desirable
What will you get for this role?
- A salary up to GBP 60,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through “My Aviva Extras” plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
Working at Aviva
At Aviva, we’re people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too, we’re all about our people – that’s you – so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we’re very open to that. In fact, we don’t advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it’s up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you.
We interview every disabled applicant* that meets the minimum criteria for the job. Once you’ve applied, please send us a separate email stating that you have a disclosed disability and we’ll make sure we interview you.
We’d love it if you could submit your application online. If you require an alternative method of applying, please give Dylan Wood a call on 07385 426164or send an email to [email protected] .
*As defined in The Equality Act 2010*. By ‘minimum criteria’ we mean you should provide us with evidence which demonstrates that you generally meet the level of competence required and have the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential to perform the role.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.