A career in Risk Management, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to advance and foster integrity based decision making and conduct by PwC professionals throughout our organisation. Youâ€™ll focus on promoting and monitoring compliance with applicable external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage PwCâ€™s regulatory, litigation, and reputational risk. Our Compliance team is responsible for oversight of all Compliance activities by our PwC professionals. As part of the team, youâ€™ll help promote and monitor compliance with applicable external and internal policies, laws and regulations and subsequently, manage PwCâ€™s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk..
Who we’re looking for
The FinancialÂ Crime Team forms (FCT) part of PwCâ€™s Risk Management practice and sits within the London-based Compliance Department. Its main purpose is to support the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) and Chief Compliance Officer in ensuring that the firm discharges its legal and regulatory responsibilities in the areas of AML.
We are seeking a compliance /risk practitioner who:
- is enthusiastic about developing him/herself and others;
- has an aptitude for digesting and interpreting regulations in order to provide guidance and direction to the client-facing practice;
- is highly motivated and confident to work independently, but with support from more experienced subject matter experts;
- has a proven ability to work to deadlines;
- has appropriate â€hands onâ€™ experience of AML regulation.
About the role
A vacancy has arisen which will provide a stimulating and challenging opportunity to:
- develop a deeper industry specialism that provides career choices both within the firm & wider marketplace;
- gain experience of the PwC approach to compliance disciplines and in particular AML regulation;
- acquire knowledge of the â€productsâ€™ and services offered by the firm;
- develop transferable relationship management skills, by dealing with senior partners & staff within the firm on regulatory compliance matters and sensitive client issues.
The successful candidate will report to the AML specialism leaders, supporting the leadersâ€™ activities and will be responsible for managing their own workload in consultation with the specialism leaders.
The role holder supports the FCTâ€™s objectives through direct involvement in:
- the provision of subject matter advice to the client-facing practice and AML Central Support Team;
- AML monitoring;
- Suspicious Activity Reporting;
- financial Sanctions screening;
- awareness and training;
- the development of AML policy and procedures;
- horizon scanning.
Ideally, the candidate will be educated to graduate level and have made progress towards a relevant professional qualification;
They will typically have one to three yearsâ€™ experience within the risk management /compliance / forensic services functions of a professional or financial services firm;
Key required skills are an ability to:
- acquire and apply technical expertise;
- communicate with impact and empathy to individuals at all levels of seniority:
- observe key principles of confidentiality and sensitivity;
- be adaptive, open minded and agile;
- be passionate about client service;
- be curious to learn and share;
- demonstrate courage, integrity and the confidence to make independent decisions.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.