Who are we?
PwCâ€™s Operate business delivers large operational and managed service solutions for clients to meet regulatory, risk and compliance challenges.
With over 2,500 staff deployed on large implementation and execution programmes Operate brings together top talent with a distinctive mix of knowledge and skills. We support clients by providing staff augmentation services, delivering large scale operational programmes and managed solutions. We deliver our client work from a range of locations, providing our clients with cost-effective delivery, access to subject matter expertise and operational excellence disciplines for some of the biggest brands worldwide.
About the role
PwC is investing in further expansion of its Compliance Testing function. You will be working in a growing team within PwCâ€™s Operate business providing a range of services to a variety of clients across the UK and abroad.
Our service offerings include controls testing support (for example as part of an external audit or internal audit engagement, or as part of a managed controls testing service) as well as regulatory compliance testing.
The role typically involves the following:
- Conducting meetings (typically with the use of technology) with PwCâ€™s clients to obtain an understanding of the clientâ€™s processes and controls, and documenting the outcomes from those meetings;
- Contacting clients to obtain evidence regarding the operation of their processes and controls;
- Assessing evidence received from clients to conclude on whether the processes and controls are working as intended.
- Concluding upon the work performed and discussing and documenting the outcomes.
This role provides a real breadth and depth of experience and provides fantastic exposure to some of PwCâ€™s most high profile clients, in various sectors.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for self-motivated individuals of all skill levels and backgrounds who are keen to learn, develop, and succeed as a team.
- A degree (or relevant experience)
- Previous experience in testing, risk, compliance, and/or external/internal audit functions, ideally in a finance or accounting environment.
- Strong analytical skills with experience in problem solving and being able to implement and deliver solutions
- Willingness to expand technical knowledge in a broad range of client facing projects
- Ability to manage deadlines within multiple projects and demonstrate strong project management skills
- Proven ability to be a team player, while retaining an ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Sound understanding of risk, control and compliance
- Previous experience ideally within either a risk, testing, compliance or audit function Â (Previous of experience of Sarbanes-Oxley (SOx) testing is particularly helpful)
- Coaching and mentoring
- Intermediate excel skills
- Language skills, particularly French and Spanish
Whatâ€™s in it for you?
Our teams work in a fast paced and ever changing environment. You will be working with a range of global clients which will allow you to develop your career across a range of industries.
This is a very rewarding and stimulating career. You will also benefit from our ongoing Audit and Risk Assurance technical and soft skills training programmes to assist with your continual technical and personal development along with dedicated career coaches to support your continued professional development in the team and the firm.
Where will you be based?
The role will be based in Belfast, however as a result of the wide variety of clients and projects, you may be asked to work in other locations within the UK and beyond, sometimes at short notice. Your desire and ability to do this will be discussed as part of the recruitment process. Candidates who are unable or do not wish to work on projects in other locations will still be
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.