Goodrich Actuation Systems Limited, Stafford Road, Wolverhampton, WV10 7EH
Collins Aerospace Systems, part of Raytheon Technologies, is on the lookout for a Highlift A&T Final Viewer to join the team in Wolverhampton.
The Highlift A&T Final viewer is responsible for Quality Assurance, Control, and Compliance of all manufactured components which have been manufactured within the machining department and are to be booked into stores prior to assembly operations.
- Solid line reporting into the Shift Managers of the area and next link up to the Operations Manager of the area.
- Dotted line reporting into support staff such as production controllers / Shift Managers of assembly area (Military machining direct customer) who may at times assist in planning work load relevant to customer demands.
- Ensuring all product is final viewed using the relevant drawings and specifications prior to said parts being booked into stores for use
- Recording of ‘turn backs’ (things that stop or hinder the process) to ensure process improvements can continue
- Working seamlessly within a team of Final Viewers with no conflict ensuring flow of product
- Reporting into Shift Mangers / Ops Managers on status of parts progression and issues which may be affecting delivery targets / metrics
- Visual and instrumental measurement on manufactured components on all batches of components which are being final viewed ensuring compliance
- Process improvements where necessary
- Assisting in problem resolution where necessary
- Ensuring all documents are up to date and adhered to
Experience and Skills
- Lead by example per the UTC Aerospace Systems ‘Operating Principles’ outlined in the 4 gears (People, Ideas, Integrity, Performance)
- ‘Quality first’ mindset expected at all times
- Safe working to be expected at all times and treated as number one priority for oneself and all others
- A drive to meet all customer expectations and department targets is required
- Ability to work and deal with people at all levels in the business from all departments (eg. Quality / Manufacturing Engineering / Design / Management) to ensure The business mitigates any issues which arise and excels in surpassing all targets.
- Ability to manage through systems
- Comfortable around higher management and particularly able to work together in a team in the specific department
- Conflict management & Customer focus
- Able to use a variety of measuring equipment such as Go / No go gauges / Micrometer’s / vernie’rs / height gauges and additionally CMM software a bonus.
- Action oriented with a drive for results
- Critical thinker and strong decision maker
- Ability to be a self-starter and manage work load on a day to day basis based on customer demand liaising with the shift production planners and shift managers
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest problems and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
The high quality products we design, test and produce in our Mechanical Systems help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely – every day! From landing systems and actuation to propellers, flight controls and hoist and winch – the products we manufacture work together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Our benefits package includes a competitive base salary as well as 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, as well as private dental & healthcare. In addition, there is an Employee Assistance Programme, ability to buy and sell holidays, cycle to work scheme, employee discounts and a fantastic pension scheme.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Please note that potential candidates will be subject to Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and background checks and that project access restrictions may apply to some nationalities.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.