Executive Director of National Cyber Security Operations
Salary: To £146,450
Location – London or Leeds with opportunity for flexible working
NHS Digital is the national digital, data and technology delivery partner for the NHS and social care system. NHS Digital create powerful tools and services that support NHS staff at work, help people get the best care, and use the nation’s health data to drive research and improve services. The scope of the products and services provided is vast, from building and running the core IT and data infrastructure, platforms and live services on which the NHS and social care system relies, through to designing and developing digital products that help NHS and care staff do their work and that put people in control of their health and care.
During the pandemic, NHS Digital has played a crucial role, working around the clock to deliver data and insight used by key decision makers to tackle the pandemic and to plan for recovery. With a new CEO and strategic vision, we are entering an exciting phase in our development as a trusted delivery partner to the NHS and all those who rely on the unparalleled breadth and depth of the critical services it provides.
NHS Digital provides a diverse range of cyber security solutions for the increasingly complex, demanding and digitised health and care system. Trusted to deliver operational capability to ensure the NHS and Social Care System is resilient to cyber attacks, it’s a role and function of critical importance to the NHS, enabling and assuring the secure operation of national digital, data and technology products and services which support the delivery of exemplary patient care.
Accountable to the Chief Executive for operational delivery and secondarily to the National Chief Information Security Officer who sits within NHSX, the Executive Director of National Cyber Security Operations will lead delivery of all NHS system wide cyber security operational capability and resilience. As such, this is a new, Cyber security leadership role of real purpose, unparalleled breadth and scale, delivered across a national Health and Social Care system which includes 220 individual NHS Trusts; 13 Arms Length Bodies and over 40,000+ primary care organisations. You will be expected to engage effectively with organisations and key stakeholders across the system to manage cyber risk and to promote world class best practice in cyber security operations.
To succeed in this exciting, executive leadership role in Cyber operations, you will possess:
• Proven experience of building, developing, leading, and maturing a large multi-disciplinary Cyber Security Operations function that is seen as exemplary in the delivery of its services.
• Experience of leading complex, major, cyber security incident resolution from containment through to recovery, in a diverse, matrixed organisation and complex operating environment and technology landscape.
• Track record of delivering complex Cyber Security Operations related programmes at pace and at significant scale, against a backdrop of ambiguity, through a combination of Agile and traditional Waterfall delivery methodologies.
• Exemplary, influencing and stakeholder engagement and management skills, able to influence at the highest levels to promote and deliver the benefits of exceptional cyber security operations.
• Strong commercial acumen, with sound experience of large budget management.
• Proven experience of growing and diversifying the Cyber Security Operations portfolio in response to known demand and predicted future requirements and threats, informed by data.
To find out more about the role click on APPLY.
Closing Date: Sunday 28 November 2021 @ 11.59pm
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.