Executive Director of Digital and Technical Services
Competitive Salary available, 37 days annual leave plus 11 bank holiday and discretionary days, excellent pension scheme and many other competitive benefits
Hays Technology are working in partnership with Staffordshire University to recruit an Executive Director of Digital and Technical Services on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Digital Transformation), this role is part of the University Executive Board (UEB) and will play an integral part in leading the University’s Digital and Technical Services team to support and deliver the Digital Transformation Strategy and the University’s 2030 Strategic Plan.
About Staffordshire University:
Staffordshire University has 100 years of experience and ambition in becoming the UK’s foremost digital Institution. The main campus is located in Stoke-on-Trent, alongside Centres of Excellence in Healthcare Education located in Stafford and Shrewsbury. Staffordshire University: London’s Digital Institute is the University’s first campus outside the Midlands.
With more than 10,000 Full-Time Undergraduate and Postgraduate students on campus, Staffordshire University continues to drive innovation and change, aiming to positively disrupt the Higher Education sector. For this institution, it is about so much more than the numbers. In fact, if there’s one thing that sets Staffordshire apart, it’s the people, who are all #ProudToBeStaffs. Every employee goes above and beyond to deliver their connected mission, responding to the needs of students, academic partners, businesses and the wider community.
About the role:
Staffordshire University has embarked on an ambitious transformation programme that is unique in the Higher Education sector, striving to become the UK’s leading digital university. To help deliver this, a talented and innovative Executive Director of Digital and Technical Services is now sought.
• Provide leadership and management of Digital and Technical Services Senior Management Team and wider department, to ensure that all staff are actively contributing to the University’s priorities and delivering a first-class service provision, capitalising on the effective use of evolving technologies.
• Ensure that the centralised Technical Services team provides first class technical instruction and support, as required by the academic areas of the University, to ensure the enhancement of learning and teaching metrics.
• Develop and deliver service-level arrangements for service provision across the University, ensuring that resources are appropriately deployed for maximum organisational impact and ensuring the University receives a first-class digital experience, with positive working relationships with all key stakeholders.
• Ensure the University’s data is secured effectively, and robust cyber-security systems and processes are in place to ensure that any risk of malevolent cyber activity is minimised.
• Ensure that the University’s approach to business intelligence and business analytics is supported through the provision of digital infrastructure and expertise development.
• Develop, across the University, the level of digital skills of staff, to ensure that skills and expertise progress, as technology develops
• As a member of the University’s Executive Board and Senior Leadership Team, to champion, inform and exchange best practice in order to develop the University’s use of technology in order to deliver the Strategic Plan, Strategic Priorities and Key Performance Indicators.
In order to apply, you must have the following skills, knowledge and experience:
• Good First Degree, together with Higher Degree or equivalent experience
• Previous experience in a Technology Leadership role within a large and complex organisation
• A thorough understanding of Higher Education, including policy, politics, debates, environment and future direction at a national and regional level is highly desirable
• A thorough understanding of Digital & Technical Services operations, including, but not limited to, digital solutions, cyber security, technical services and support, digital architecture, networks and infrastructure, and digital campus support
• Knowledge and experience of evolving digital technologies, their impact on academic and/or professional services delivery and identification of commercial or experiential advantages that can be leveraged
• A strong track record of leading teams to deliver tangible outcomes and services for end users
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with outstanding stakeholder management skills and the ability to forge strong working relationships, both internally and externally, at a very senior and Executive Board level
• Strong leadership qualities and skills appropriate to a senior management position including the management, development and motivation of both teams and individuals to inspire and secure high performance
• Strongly self-motivated bringing gravitas, credibility, energy, resilience and commitment
In return for your dedication, we have a competitive benefits package available:
• Competitive incremental rates of Pay
• 37 days Annual Leave plus 11 days Bank Holiday and Discretionary days
• Flexible location-based working
• Excellent Pension Scheme
• Access to continued professional and personal development
• An opportunity to become part of the wider University community
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme
• Discounted Health & Fitness Facilities on site at the Stoke Campus
• Discounted Travel by Rail or Bus, with the option of season tickets loans
Closing date: Sunday 5th March
Interview date: Tuesday 21st March
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.