In Cyber Security we deal with some of the most urgent issues facing businesses and governments today. We help organisations from all sectors operate securely in the digital world and play an integral role in helping our clients ensure they’re protected.
PwC’s UK based ethical hacking team is the global Centre of Excellence for Ethical Hacking at PwC. Our vision is to become the premier global Ethical Hacking team – the first point of call for FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 clients looking for a true partner. As part of this high performing team, you’ll assist clients in testing the effectiveness of security controls in both the technology and human process spaces. No technology based solution can completely prevent human error – we work closely with our clients to become their trusted advisors offering far more than commodity penetration testing.
Using blended teams of experts from across our Threat Intelligence, Incident Response, Software Assurance and Ethical Hacking teams, we provide customised solutions that meet the business objectives of our clients. PwC UK provides real world attack simulation services to clients across the globe from our base in the UK and as a part of this team a significant part of the role will involve delivering both covert red teams and collaborative purple teams..
The team is made up of specialists from many backgrounds – from red teaming, software development, computer networking, systems administration, hardware testing, reverse engineering, Radio-frequency engineering, as well as those that have spent their entire careers working in the cyber security industry. Our strength lies in our continuing expansion of our capabilities, our flexibility, our curiosity and our investment in training and research to ensure we develop our people to become world class experts in their chosen specialisms.
The Role As an Ethical Hacking Associate you’ll be working in line with CREST or CHECK industry standards in order to support our clients’ businesses. Ideally already working towards industry recognised qualifications or having some experience delivering security assessments including infrastructure and application testing. A confident consultant able to interact with clients as part of a wider team.
PwC support staff with training and revision time to enable them to progress through industry exams with a view to becoming part of the CHECK scheme to enable deployment on government and military projects. Our people are, where possible, encouraged to undertake an SC level clearance as part of this role.
As an Ethical Hacking Associate you will get the opportunity to:
- Participate in client engagements requiring the use of ethical hacking tools and techniques to expose vulnerabilities in client IT systems by legally breaking into computer systems, websites, mobile applications, wireless platforms, Operational Technology (OT) and Internet of Things (IoT) environments;
- Receive coaching from senior colleagues through the sharing of professional and technical skills and experience;
- Provide risk based recommendations to iconic clients on security matters;
- Conduct a variety of testing including: infrastructure testing (both internal and external) and application testing (both web and mobile applications);
- Work with clients to review and enhance the security of key platforms such as Azure AD, Office 365 and a variety of supporting cloud platforms including IaaS and SaaS;
- Write risk based reports and attend customer delivery meetings;
- Support other business teams such as Incident Response, Threat Intelligence, Crisis Response and Cyber Security Advisory;
- You can also expect to perform the following business development activities
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and help produce proposals
- Develop toolkits and methodologies to enhance our sales and delivery capability
- Contribute to research, public blogs and whitepapers to improve our public profile
- Attend and speak at conferences within the Information Security community
- Collaborate to develop new and innovative security services for our clients
- Develop new and innovative security services for our clients.
- Work with our outreach teams to support schools, colleges and universities in showing the next generation the opportunities available in the cyber industry.
Essential skills and experience
- Practical experience delivering ethical hacking services to a range of customers;
- Skilled user of both Windows and Linux operating systems;
- Some experience in using commercial security testing tools and producing reports;
- Working knowledge of common cloud platforms.
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security testing techniques
- Good business communication skills, including writing proposals, reports, and presentations.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and develop to become one of the best.
- While not prerequisites, the following will be advantageous:
- Exposure to database technologies, multi-tier, web based and cloud based IT architectures;
- Knowledge of security technologies (e.g. AV, SIEM, IPS, F/W, SSO, DLP)
- Degree in computer science, cyber or STEM subjects
- Some experience of coding and software development.
Who we’re looking for We are looking for individuals that thrive in a high tech, entrepreneurial environment such that they are comfortable working independently with little supervision and have a strong desire to learn and a willingness to share knowledge. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a team environment and who understand that we are far more than the sum of our parts when working collaboratively both with colleagues and also with clients and third parties.
People that succeed in our business have a passion for cyber security, are naturally inquisitive and get a buzz from solving complex problems. Furthermore, they have a good attention to detail allied with exceptional analytical and technical aptitude. Most of all, they are or have a desire to be excellent communicators as we are in a business founded on strong relationships.
About PwC We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations. From 158 countries, we help our clients, some of the most successful organisations on the globe, as well as its most dynamic entrepreneurs and thriving private businesses, to create the value they want. We help to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
The skills we look for in future employees All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here www.pwc.co.uk/ethicalhacking
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.