Description of the Team
PwC is establishing a dedicated team for ESG Modelling with a focus on Climate Change. The current team is highly quantitative and familiar with general credit risk and stress test modelling for financial institutions and expanding to focus more on this territory. The main objectives of the team are:
- Developing a range of analytical solutions for embedding ESG factors and scenarios into financial impacts for Insurers, Banks and Corporates.
- Translating climate change scenarios into financial metrics like capital, provisions and pricing;
- Work on the development and deployment new applications related to the above;
- Execution of projects around CBES, TCFD and any other ESG related initiatives;
- Prepare thought leadership papers and analysis for PwC ESG value propositions;
- Support in the definition of audit practices around Climate Change and ESGs;
Who are you?
You are someone who likes challenges and is curious about the possibilities to advise our clients as well as possible. You have experience with credit risk or other econometric modeling at a bank or a consultancy firm and would like to be on the front-end of developing new models to quantify climate risk at financial institutions. You want to grow, build up relationships and get the best out of yourself and your colleagues.
- You have completed an academic (preferably M.Sc) degree in Econometrics, Quantitative Finance, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics or a similar technical study and have followed subjects in the field of econometric modelling;
- You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in the area of econometric modeling (e.g. credit risk) within the financial sector;
- You are proficient in programming with R and Python and have worked with these programming languages throughout your professional career;
- You can be creative when technical challenges arise, and have demonstrated this in your career;
- You are interested in how ESG factors impact the risks of our clients and want to play an active role in developing / assessing methodologies how they can be quantified.
- You know how to inspire and captivate clients with your consulting skills;
- You like to work in a team, and are used to do so
We’re a leading provider of trust in the digital world – in the eyes of our people, our clients and our stakeholders. Today’s business environment is different. More complex. More connected. Companies not only face new and unknown risks, but also new and untapped opportunities. Our team is at the forefront of this change, join us to be a part of transforming how risk is perceived and capitalised on.
Not the role for you?
Did you know PwC offer flexible contract arrangements as well as contingent work (ie temporary or day rate contracting)?
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Learn more here: www.pwc.com/uk/careers/experienced/apply
We want all of our people to feel empowered to be the best that they can be, which is why we have ‘The Deal’.
Find out more about our firmwide Employee Value Proposition: https://www.pwc.co.uk/careers/about-us/the-new-deal.html
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements. Learn more here about our work to support an inclusive culture.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.