Equipment Availability Support Manager
Fareham & Portsmouth.
Raytheon Technologies is playing a major role in revolutionising the Royal Navy’s training management culture, helping to make the UK Armed Forces more agile and adaptable than ever, and giving them the confidence to tackle future challenges. In partnership with Capita, Elbit UK, and Fujitsu, will ensure the Royal Navy offers best-in-class training to servicemen and women. We will accelerate the use of new technology, processes and learning solutions, aligning with the Royal Navy’s transformation agenda and positioning it to thrive in the 21st century.
This new partnership further strengthens Raytheon s role as a proven strategic partner to the Ministry of Defence (MoD) and the UK government, building on a legacy of experience training the UK Royal Air Force and Royal Navy. It consolidates Raytheon UK’s commitment to investing long-term in the UK to keep the country secure, the economy strong and the UK armed forces safe.
In support of this new programme we are running a major recruitment drive with a range of current and future opportunities. We are looking to hire, talented, driven individuals with a passion for Education, Learning & Development and Training.
The role of Equipment Availability Support Manager is accountable to the Training Equipment Service Manager (TESM) for the delivery of high-quality training equipment support in line with company standards and the requirements of the contract.
The role is responsible for the management of training equipment maintenance and the resources associated to the task. The role will manage and oversee the planned maintenance of identified training equipment and liaise with third party companies where external resources are required to facilitate repair.
This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and subcontractors to deliver training equipment maintenance.
- Carry out the duties of Authorising Person in accordance with JSP375 for Electrical and Mechanical systems, Confined Spaces and Working at Height as required.
- Establish and Control Safe Systems of Work for existing and new equipment entering service. In the event of an equipment defect or supplies to it, work with the Delivery Managers, Programming Team, the Authority and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) to maintain the training programme.
- Ensure the TESM is aware of any emergent equipment failures that have potential to impact on training delivery output.
- Monitor equipment maintenance utilising current and future asset management systems (to include Defence Diving school).
- Provide training equipment maintenance, Subject Matter Expertise to the Authority and Raytheon managers as required.
- Engage with equipment Subject Matter Experts in pursuit of objectives as directed by Training Equipment Services Manager Liaise with Training Equipment Availability Co-Ordinator to ensure all defects are captured onto electronic asset management systems and that all planned maintenance remains in date.
- Liaise with Training Planning to ensure that equipment is available to meet required training output.
- Liaise with Training Equipment Projects Team for introduction, modification, and disposal of TE.
- Ensure systems compliance with Raytheon and MoD regulations.
- Ensure Raytheon health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with.
- Responsible to the Training Equipment Service Manager to ensure Company health, safety and environmental procedures are always implemented and complied with for all employees/personnel on site under your direction.
- Mechanical and electrical practices in a military training environment.
- Diagnosing and repairing engineering Systems.
- Controlling Safe Systems of Work (Method Statements & Risk Assessments) Managing small teams
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Able to obtain Security Cleared (SC) clearance.
- Use of maintenance databases
- A good understanding of the Selborne contract, especially where related to training equipment.
- Qualified academically or vocationally to a minimum of HNC in engineering subject.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.