UK016-Kilkeel, United KingdomCollins Aerospace, a unit of Raytheon Technologies, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together UTC Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
Our Aircraft Interiors business unit is seeking an Engineering Team Leader to join the Operational Excellence team at their Aircraft Seating facility in Kilkeel, Co. Down.
ROLE: Engineering Team Leader – Operations Modernisation
DEPARTMENT Operational Excellence
RESPONSIBLE TO: Operational Excellence Director
37.5 hours per week Monday – Friday. Hours of work will be 8:30am – 5:15pm Monday to Thursday and 8:30am – 1:00pm Friday. The post holder may be required at times to work outside his/her normal working hours for the effective performance of the duties of the post
LOCATION: Collins Aerospace
2 Moor Road
The Inner Basin
JOB PURPOSE Lead and support the Operations Modernisation team to deliver advanced manufacturing and technology solutions to production against deliverables of quality, cost and schedule.
- Work with the Operational Excellence Department to develop, maintain and deploy the site Manufacturing Technology Roadmap
- Lead development projects to meet MRL deliverables and the needs of assembly, manufacturing and logistics operations
- As the first line manager for a team of Engineers provide leadership and direction in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Develop the team and individuals’ skills to support the business goals and manage performance using the Company’s tools and systems
- Identify training needs and implement training plan to ensure team can support the needs of the business
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of Engineering talent.
- Support the development of annual department goals and generate implementation plans to deliver against agreed targets
- Develop and improve manufacturing and assembly processes, including the support and leadership of technology development and deployment.
- Promote and support a safe working environment in line with Company objectives.
- Encourage cross departmental collaboration and knowledge sharing throughout the business.
- Any other duties as required to support business needs.
- Business Acumen; makes quality business decisions based on data and facts, not emotion, and weighs alternative solutions
- Change Management; actively supports and manages change strategy into a workable plan and guides execution of the plan
- Customer Intimacy; manages customer growth, loyalty and satisfaction
- Leadership; leads, develops and motivates the team to deliver results within the policies and procedures of the organisation
- Execution; effectively and efficiently manages processes, projects, and systems
- Relationship Building; builds positive working and collaborative working relations with direct reports and peer groups
- Strategic Management; knows how to identify and focus on the most critical high impact issues required for the organisation to be successful
Please note the below criteria are the requirements for the role. You must clearly outline in your CV how you meet the below criteria:
- Minimum 3rd level qualification (HND & Above) in a relevant engineering discipline with a minimum of 3 years working experience in Engineering gained in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 1 years working experience within an Assembly environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in Engineering gained in a manufacturing/assembly environment.
- Knowledge of Aerospace procedures and regulations.
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring and leading small teams.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Experience of applying structured Problem Solving activities.
- Experience of technology development programs and processes
- Relevant management training
- Membership of or working towards accreditation of an Engineering body.
Closing date for online CV submission is Wednesday 8th December 2021.
To be considered for this role all candidates must submit a CV by clicking Apply.
Your CV should clearly outline how you meet the criteria as listed above in the job description. This information will be used for shortlisting purposes. Failure to submit a CV and/or provide sufficient detail in your CV regarding the criteria will result in your application not being shortlisted.
Please note this role is based primarily at the Kilkeel, Northern Ireland facility and relocation will not be available for this role.
Collins Aerospace is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Your personal data is collected and processed by B/E Aerospace, Kilkeel (the “Company”) for recruitment purposes only. The Company will transfer your personal data to its ultimate parent company B/E Aerospace, Inc. in the United States of America for HR management purposes, in accordance with standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this
link to read the Policy and Terms
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.