Collins Aerospace (Mechanical Systems) Wolverhampton provides a range of aircraft systems and utilities to the largest aircraft manufacturers and works closely alongside these companies to develop state-of-the-art technologies in civil and military sectors. Current and recent projects include Airbus A220, Embraer KC-390, Airbus A380, Boeing 787 Dreamliner and the F35-Lightning II.
As an industrial placement student at Collins Aerospace you will have the opportunity to work on exciting aerospace projects which will help develop your engineering and personal skills in a practical environment.
These projects may lead to the opportunity to work in some of the following engineering functions:
- Detailed and Concept Design
- Mechanical / Electronic Systems
- Stress Analysis
- Simulation and Performance Analysis
- Product Qualification and Test
- Reliability & Safety
There will also be opportunity to work with and gain experience in other business functions:
- Project Management
- Supply Chain
As an industrial student your duties and responsibilities may include some of the following:
- System level design including architecture and performance analysis
- Participation in test rig design, test rig commissioning and system testing
- Produce design schemes including CAD models, assemblies and 2D drawings for concept and detail designs
- Carry out design calculations such as thermal growth, hoop and tensile stress, thread loading and tolerance analysis to support concept and detail designs
- Perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA) on complex components to support concept and detailed design
- Liaise closely with other project teams such as materials, manufacturing, sourcing with respect to new designs or design changes
- Promote a career in Collins Aerospace and Engineering to the next generation through events and activities with schools and universities.
Undergraduate studying Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical or Aerospace), Maths or Physics with a predicted grade 2:1 or higher.
Hold Maths A Level Grade C or above
The successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate
- Strong technical knowledge which can be applied to aerospace mechanical systems and manufacturing
- Able to multi-task and prioritise own work
- Ability to build strong relationships and be a team player
- A can do, find a way, attitude
- Experience of delivering high quality work to a deadline
- Creativity, initiative, diplomacy, self-motivation and self confidence
- Must display initiative and integrity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office; specifically the use of Microsoft Excel to filter, clean, identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in data
This is a great opportunity to broaden your personal development and experience exciting challenges. If you are interested in an engineering work placement with Collins Aerospace, we would love to hear from you.
IMPORTANT: Candidates must be able to commit to the full 12 month placement (apart from the 25 days annual holiday).
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods which may result in an interview. Please note that as we find suitable candidates we will no longer accept applications for this opportunity so we suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success!
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.