Job Title: Engineering Graduate
Time Commitment: 37 hours per week
Salary: £30,000 per annum
Location: Wolverhampton with opportunity to travel
Contract Length: Initial 3 year fixed term contract
Start Date: 5th September 2022
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defence industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Every 12 seconds a flight around the world takes off – and our work is on it. We propel aerospace, defence and the other industries we support far beyond imagination, but there is more work to be done. We need your ideas, inspiration and solutions to continue to help us redefine aerospace.
Collins Aerospace (Mechanical Systems) Wolverhampton provides a range of aircraft systems and utilities to the largest aircraft manufacturers and works closely alongside these companies to develop state-of-the-art technologies in civil and military sectors. Current and recent projects include Airbus A220, Embraer KC-390, Airbus A380, Boeing 787 Dreamliner and the F35-Lightning II.
Check out our YouTube channel to find out more:
What does taking part in the Collins Aerospace Engineering Graduate Development Programme involve?
Do you love engineering, have a passion for solving some of the most complex challenges and want to help us in our vision of redefining aerospace? If so, then the Collins Aerospace Engineering Graduate Development Programme is for you! Aimed at ambitious graduates who are eager to work for one of the world’s biggest aerospace companies it will provide you with a unique opportunity to progress your career.
The Collins Graduate Development Programme lasts three years, and is designed to find and develop the company’s next generation of engineers and technical leaders. The purpose of the programme is to develop Graduate Engineers through opportunities, experience and training. This aims to accelerate career development into Business Leaders and Professional Experts to meet the challenges of a global business environment. The scheme will enable Graduate Engineers to add value to the business whist developing within the company’s culture.
The programme provides a flexible development plan that exposes you to the different functions within engineering so you can discover exactly what suits you and your talents – you’ll rotate through the following engineering areas that will empower you to a make a difference to current live projects and become an expert in your field:
- Systems Design, Modelling and Performance
- Detailed and Concept Design
- Stress Analysis
- Product Qualification and Test
- Reliability and Safety
- Project Management / Business Processes
As a Graduate Engineer you would be enrolled on an IMechE, RAeS, IET or IOM3 accredited Development Programme, working towards Chartered Engineer status.
After exploring the different aspects of engineering and working on varied projects, you will then spend time in a functional role – being directly mentored on an intensive programme to assist accelerated career development.
Development and training to build your career
We recognise that your development is key for you to fulfil your potential in the world of work. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will support your learning to deliver real business value though it’s up to you to make the most of it.
You will undertake a development training programme during the three years. Designed to help you develop your personal leadership skills, you will learn to inspire and lead others by understanding yourself, how you relate to the people you work with and the leadership challenges you face.
By the end of the programme, having completed your rotations and functional training, you will have gained an effective understanding of the Collins Aerospace technical strategies and processes.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for the best graduates who have the following attributes:
- Hold a 2:1 or above Bachelors or Master’s degree relevant to Engineering (or due to hold by September 2021)
- Hold Maths and Physics A levels grade C or above
- Learning ability and desire to be at the forefront of engineering innovation
- Good analytical skills and problem solving
- Have a focus on the importance of sustainability in the sector
- An innovative and creative approach
- Good personal management and self-organisation skills
- Effective communication – written and verbal
- Competent in using Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have an understanding of engineering materials and production methods
- Previous experience working in the Aerospace industry
- Member of a Professional Engineering Institution, e.g. IMechE, IEEE, IET etc
- Experience and application of engineering related design/ analysis software, e.g. Catia, Matlab
- Good presentation skills
- Opportunity for travel
- Flexible working with the opportunity to work from home (rotation dependent)
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Healthcare and Dental Cover
- Competitive pension scheme
- 185 hours holiday per annum (not including Bank Holidays)
- Access to the Collins Aerospace Employee Scholarship Programme
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at Collins Aerospace including females, Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic candidates and applicants with disabilities. Please note we will not use any personal information relating to your background at any stage of the application process.
Your application will go through a variety of selection methods and is likely to conclude at an assessment centre. Please note that as we find suitable candidates to fill our opportunities, we will no longer accept applications for that opportunity so suggest you apply as early as possible to have the best chance of success.
To apply for this job please visit www.cybersecurityjobsite.com.